Home

MLB The Show 22 Sliders Make No Sense

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Sliders Make No Sense within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2022, 04:04 PM   #73
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 22 Sliders Make No Sense

Another thing I forgot to mention was pitch speed does slow down from Allstar to Veteran. Then on rookie the pitch speed is significantly slower. I assume on HOF and then legend hitting the pitch speed increases even more but personally never hit on anything higher than Allstar. Personally settled in using Veteran hitting with timing at 0 and contact 6, while rest is default. Pitch speed is good for my skill level and overall stats are perfect. Hitting is subjective and a person by person set up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-05-2022 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:10 PM   #74
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Good stuff in this thread. My two cents is if I hit on All Star default/minor tweaks and pitch on HOF I win most games 2-1, 3-0 etc. If I hit on veteran and pitch HOF games are now 5-3, 7-5 etc. I feel like because I score more runs it programs the CPU to score more runs. I’ve basically settled on All Star hitting with sliders boosting my hitting and HOF pitching boosting CPU offense knowing they will score most runs via home runs. I enjoy 7-5 games more than 2-1.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:14 PM   #75
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Good stuff in this thread. My two cents is if I hit on All Star default/minor tweaks and pitch on HOF I win most games 2-1, 3-0 etc. If I hit on veteran and pitch HOF games are now 5-3, 7-5 etc. I feel like because I score more runs it programs the CPU to score more runs. I’ve basically settled on All Star hitting with sliders boosting my hitting and HOF pitching boosting CPU offense knowing they will score most runs via home runs. I enjoy 7-5 games more than 2-1.
Sadly this is true. I’ve always been a HOF guy but 90 percent of my games are pitching duels. I go play all star plus and I see more runs scored mainly because i score more than voila the cpu starts scoring runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2022, 09:32 PM   #76
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Idk about programmed to score when I do. I got beat 4-2, 14-6, and 10-4. Then lost 3-0, won 4-2, and 3-0 the next series.

HOF is good if you are okay with cpu scoring almost all their runs via homeruns. We found HOF and even legend to be super easy if we wanted realistic homeruns. Thus we settled on Allstar pitching with major cpu boosts instead and it's given the results we have wanted all along. Seems backwards but after some thought into it, it actually makes perfect sense when you think about what the PCI is doing and how a larger one creates weaker contact more often than not.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-28-2022, 10:45 PM   #77
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ren
I'm sure I am in the silent majority, but here goes... the sliders in this game make absolutely no sense. Most of you reading this will dismiss this as hyperbole and move on, which is fine, but it doesn't change the reality of what is going on.

I have been running my own set using HOF batting and HOF pitching, only adjusting contact and stamina, in addition to pitch speeds, injury, and the trade sliders. Everything else is default. 7 contact for both HUM and CPU; 6 SP stamina / 3 RP stamina for HUM; 7 SP and RP stamina for CPU. The CPU needs help, and I found the differentiation in the stamina values to be somewhat effective; at pure default, the CPU lags behind the HUM in terms of offensive output.

Last week, I reduced the CPU stamina values to match the 6 SP / 3 RP to match the human, and what happened? Power increased significantly... for both sides. Yes, you read that correctly. Lowering the CPU pitching staminas, allowed the CPU batters to hit with significantly more power. This makes zero sense and should not happen. This is where most of you will stop reading. You'll likely dismiss this, but yet not bother to try it. I can't say that I blame you.

What does this tell you? The sliders in MLB The Show are no longer linear; they are a tangled mess under the hood. I've noticed this with most of the sliders (power, solid hits, foul frequency, etc.). Another example: play a game at pure default. Then play that exact same game, increasing only the CPU contact and power sliders by +1; both the HUM and CPU will now have more offensive output. Yes, you do need a larger sample size to view the picture as a whole, but for those of us that have played this game for years, we know that you can see a difference in output relatively quickly.

I can see why many decide to leave all well alone enough at default and not bother with slider tinkering. It can be a frustrating experience. However, if you don't get what you want at default, it's not as simplistic as turning a slider up or down to achieve the desired results. It becomes somewhat of an unsolvable maze or a gordian knot. I have been playing this game non-stop since it dropped back on 4/1, and I'm still in limbo with "balancing" the game. In stark contrast, I took out MLB 19 last December, and locked in my settings from default within 3 days. In 2.5 months, I am still scratching my head with MLB 22.
As odd as this sounds, i believe it. I don’t buy the game until patches are completed. As odd as that sounds. It will give you slideritis, trying to adjust while they patch.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:01 AM   #78
Rookie

olecrankygamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Are you playing with pitch meters or pinpoint?

I play clean screen with directional hitting & classic button pitching from the broadcast camera.

This year, sometimes I score 1 or 2, same for AI, but I have had 2x as many 7-6 or even 12-8 games. I have come back 2x from a 8 or more run deficit to win the game as well.

Last year I could not get sliders right to emulate 1960s type baseball, but this year by raising contact and solid hits for AI & human bu by 1 , lowering timing and power for both by 1 and lowering fielder reaction and run speed to 3 as well as baserunner speed to 4 I am seeing a return to the double & triples with less HRs, less Ks and less bbs era

I will also say I play on Xbox game pass on PC so I may have a different build of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »