Home

MLB The Show 22 Sliders Make No Sense

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Sliders Make No Sense within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2022, 04:50 PM   #49
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 22 Sliders Make No Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ren
Great replies and discussion along the way. I appreciate the community.

I do want to reiterate my initial point of the sliders not being linear in this game:

Example: Play a game at straight default on HOF. After that, play that exact same game, but increase the CPU contact and power sliders by +1 / +2. What happens when you do this? In addition to seeing added offensive output and explosiveness by the CPU bats, you will see far more offensive output by the HUM User bats as well

Why??? We did not touch the HUM sliders. This should not be happening, but it is. As I said, I fully expect eye-rolls from most of you reading this, and rightfully so. If you don't believe me, try it out for yourself.

The HUM and CPU sliders are tied together... more so than they should be. It makes tinkering and adjusting in this game far more frustrating than it should be (or than it has been in prior iterations). Some of you that I have spoken with have hit on a setup that you like, but I am willing to bet some may have inadvertently gotten to their desired destination.
I've been following this thread and this makes A LOT of sense now. I barely touch sliders but I read everyone's frustrations with trying to tune the game just right and never getting there and I feel their pain.

It would be nice if we just knew exactly what to do to get what we're looking for. But I know that I played '21 for an entire year last year with barely making any slider moves and the game seemed fine to me.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #50
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

Well I can say no matter what or how your sliders are, your starting pitchers will have as many or more HRs as he does starts. That's the way it's trending regardless of his hr/9. This game is hard coded to have big homeruns, high hits, perfect/perfect because that draws buyers to play whether it's DD, franchise, rtts, etc. Even guys that avg 5 to 7 homers a season will double and more that. It's hard coded to the game.

In the end, you have to play/think MLBTS like MLBTS not baseball. Yes, it plays like a baseball game, but it doesn't play like baseball. IE my signature.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 06-14-2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:12 PM   #51
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Duplicate post

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 06-14-2022 at 06:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2022, 06:19 PM   #52
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

To be fair, I think Bryan and I go a bit overboard on what we want from a slider set. It's not just hits, but the hit distribution is our #1 focus. My OCD gets the best of me. I blame NBA 2K8, the first sports game I got OCD with. Other than NHL every few years, MLB is only sports title, and nearly only game I play nowadays. Sorry if I came off wrong. I suppose I get too excited about details where I want to share those things, even if no one else is interested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatlk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 06-14-2022, 06:37 PM   #53
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I do agree that the most important thing is to have fun. Whatever slider set you use. I do keep track of my stats after every game. But that is fun for ME. I know that sounds crazy. But I want to make sure we are seeing a realistic amount of home runs and other hits. This past couple of weeks have been frustrating for Steve and I to find a competitive CPU to make it challenging and we can actually struggle to win. Not fun when you play and you hope the CPU beats me or rallies. I should hope for the opposite.

This post has helped us. So we thank you, Raider Ren for bringing this up.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-14-2022, 06:55 PM   #54
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
To be fair, I think Bryan and I go a bit overboard on what we want from a slider set. It's not just hits, but the hit distribution is our #1 focus. My OCD gets the best of me. I blame NBA 2K8, the first sports game I got OCD with. Other than NHL every few years, MLB is only sports title, and nearly only game I play nowadays. Sorry if I came off wrong. I suppose I get too excited about details where I want to share those things, even if no one else is interested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatlk
You have passion for the game. That’s whats important.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 06-15-2022, 01:16 AM   #55
Rookie

I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t chase stats, I do. But…I’m looking more for “feel” than anything. Does the game feel challenging and rewarding? That’s what I want. I don’t want to win or lose 10-1 every game but I want to feel like that’s a possibility. I want every pitch to matter.

What I’m learning is any slider set you go with is a base. Play games and adjust as you go. Not everyone’s skill sets are the same. Having a great or bad game is not the end of the world. Teams go through streaks. Let it play out over weeks, months. If you’re trying to replicate real life it’s just not going to happen. The most important thing is having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2022, 06:05 PM   #56
MVP

forme95's Arena

I have to say, I made slider adjustments based on games I played and just upped this, that, and this. However I said I wouldn't touch stamina. Wow what a difference so far. Even with the adjustments I made, pitchers pitch smarter and throw less pitches an inning pulling them to the 6, 7, 8 inning. Downside, the cpu still around the league throws a unrealistic amount of complete games. So much that is hard coded in this game that if sds just took the time to watch a baseball game, they would say "yep, we need to go back and make some adjustments". Even with the changes I made, and seeing much better gameplay, I'm afraid my stats won't come close to mlbts sim stats. I guess that will be a wait and see. That's how you have to play this game. You're looking to keep with mlbts not real life baseball stats. Which is why you have to totally zero out real life baseball and what real life players are doing. Have fun and play the game to what the player/team is doing in your franchise world. That, and I think ( correct me if I'm wrong) sim sliders only use stamina, injury, and trade I believe. Outside of those it's nothing but programming.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 06-15-2022 at 06:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »