Home

MLB 14 The Show Fact Sheet (PS Vita, PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Fact Sheet (PS Vita, PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #49
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show Fact Sheet (PS Vita, PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Kind of a naive statement splitter.
I agree that it is naive, but in some ways I agree with him. But I am also not an online guy, so it's easy for me to say that. When implemented successfully it is great, but it does take a lot of resources. It definitely has its perks.

Hopefully MLB 14 on PS4 will be able to pull off really smooth online gameplay. The slightest lag can completely ruin a game. If it does, I will give it a shot.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #50
Rookie

Feliz__7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Nothing really ground breaking for me and if it wasnt for quick count I would just stick with MLB 13 as it seems nothing was done to create realistic dynamic weather situations that change throughout the game especially in Post Season Mode as no rain in Fall is just very unrealistic and no retractable roofs either

I really wanted a reason to get the ps4 for mlb 14 but nothing on the fact sheet has changed my mind and the 6 games I do play are on the PS3 only and Stick of truth and Fifa 14 WC are ps3 only too so I dont see buying one till the 2015 -16 unless Batman Arkham Knight comes out on the PS4 in October of this year as hinted .
You make very good point but I already gave my PS3 away! Looking at the fact sheet I totally forgot about the weather. My question is, Are there going to be rain delays? Part of baseball.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #51
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliz__7
You make very good point but I already gave my PS3 away! Looking at the fact sheet I totally forgot about the weather. My question is, Are there going to be rain delays? Part of baseball.
No and from what I read from Night nothing has been added , not a priority

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...7-weather.html

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 02-17-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #52
Rookie

Feliz__7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
No and from what I read from Night nothing has been added , not a priority

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...7-weather.html
That really sucks! I was hoping they would include it this year!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #53
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

Just got home from work forgot they were releasing this fact sheet today its going to be hard after hearing all this waiting till may they addressed almost everything I was looking for I ****** Love SCEA I don't think there's another sports game out there that gets better and listens to its fans year to year like this one
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #54
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliz__7
That really sucks! I was hoping they would include it this year!
Yeah its a bummer as a Major Realisum Issue as weather is a huge part of Baseball but could you imagine dynamic weather like in SF , Miami or Chicago especially in April or Fall , it could go from sunny to rainy in moments and everything under the sun while effecting lighting and shadowing also .

Coolest weather I ever saw in a video game was All Star Baseball 10 years ago/3 gens ago it was ahead of its time with even snow as a option and the Ivy In Wrigley was brown in spring and fall and each team had a future stadium option and 80 ballparks total.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 02-17-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #55
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

New catcher animations is nice. Desperately needed, but did we finally update the ps2 catchers gear?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #56
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
New catcher animations is nice. Desperately needed, but did we finally update the ps2 catchers gear?

Yeah hopefully tortoise shell chest protectors and the backwards slanted catcher helmet too are updated and no more super fast Catcher tag out of the batters box but I asked this about gear in general but got no response so I will try again .

Since the ps4 player hi def models look like a port base from the ps3 version wont all gear have to be the same between each system or it would cause a roster corruption issue right ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »