Home

The ultimate playable camera...

This is a discussion on The ultimate playable camera... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #9
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The ultimate playable camera...

Been asking for this type of camera for fielding,batting and pitching for years and years and I am starting to give up hope that it will ever be added. I would love to be able to play and watch a game from behind home plate in the upper deck. I would like the camera to stay there for the whole game without any zooming in on players just panning left and right. Just like what you would see if you were actually sitting in a seat at the stadium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imgp2701.jpg (346.4 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 03-29-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #10
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

That view would be cool, constantly having a whole stadium in view and seeing every players reaction and movement on plays. Something i thought would be cool is if they had every seat accounted for in every stadium that you could place the camera in specific seats and view the game from there.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #11
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Might just be framerate holding them back from camera views like that. Have a feeling it would take some work to keep it around 60fps.

Thats not to say this isnt a great idea, because it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Oh, whole stadium in view? I must have missed that part. I simply meant a single broadcast camera that doesn't pan, only moves around like a stationary camera would. Oh, and zooms of course, but zooms appropriately.

That would be cool too. I just hope you could see everything is all.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Been asking for this type of camera for fielding,batting and pitching for years and years and I am starting to give up hope that it will ever be added. I would love to be able to play and watch a game from behind home plate in the upper deck. I would like the camera to stay there for the whole game without any zooming in on players just panning left and right. Just like what you would see if you were actually sitting in a seat at the stadium.
I will never understand why people say sitting on the 1st/3rd baseline is so cool. To me, THIS is the perfect place to watch a game. Bird's eye view, and you see EVERYTHING!

ps- I was afraid of that, I wanted your picture copied for dramatic effect on this post. BEST VIEW EVER!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
I will never understand why people say sitting on the 1st/3rd baseline is so cool.
As a baseball player, I think it's very cool. It's equivalent to what I see in the dugout (or thereabouts). It gives you a nice "spacing" of things such as the mound to the plate and bases, and how fast everything is. Plus, you get them foul balls!

I'm referring to the lower deck, of course. It's just a nice, fresh perspective than what you see on TV. I enjoy unique views time to time, and when at a ballpark being somewhere behind the dugout is simply awesome.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-30-2014, 03:09 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Might just be framerate holding them back from camera views like that. Have a feeling it would take some work to keep it around 60fps.

Thats not to say this isnt a great idea, because it is.
Agreed. For years on the PS3, I assumed framerate would chug if they added a broader view, but I was hoping PS4 could handle it. The other issue would be the transition from batter's screen to this view. There would be a slight delay which would be fine by me (similar to Baseball Pro 98 or High Heat), but others might find unappetizing. Everyone in this forum seems to really dig any new change to cameras, so I hope this is one area the devs continue to explore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
As a baseball player, I think it's very cool. It's equivalent to what I see in the dugout (or thereabouts). It gives you a nice "spacing" of things such as the mound to the plate and bases, and how fast everything is. Plus, you get them foul balls!

I'm referring to the lower deck, of course. It's just a nice, fresh perspective than what you see on TV. I enjoy unique views time to time, and when at a ballpark being somewhere behind the dugout is simply awesome.
Interesting, because I cannot quote how many times I have heard former MLB players say the worst place to see a game is from the dugout. Guess it is all in what you are looking for, but personally, if I go to a game, I want upper deck, front row, behind home plate. Nothing beats bird's eye view!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »