Home

MLB 14: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions only!)

This is a discussion on MLB 14: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions only!) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #65
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Confirmed Users with MLB 14 The Show (PS4, Impressions Only)

I have been really testing the budget issues and I really think they are much better. There are some things were I think we still will have to step in on. Players still accept long term cheap deals and some big market teams don't want to spend.

The only issues I really see any more are team strategy and players being traded multiple times in one season. Veteran teams shouldn't start in rebuild. I have no problem with them going into rebuild and trading vets in June or July if they are out of the race, but not April and May.

The other thing I notice, which is new to the 4, is players traded multiple times in the same season and same day. I have seen players traded 5 times in one season. Maybe place a tag on a player where they can't be traded more than twice a season?

But all in all I really like some of the tweaks. I want to sim ahead further tomorrow to check on progression and stats.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #66
Banned

timay's Arena

OVR: 2

Played one entire exhibition, Yankees vs Red Sox in Boston I was the Red Sox.

First impression...sick game.

Be back tomorrow with something better. lol
Old 05-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #67
Rookie

doughron's Arena

OVR: 6

First game as I do every year was Red Sox at jays. 3rd year in a row I hit a home run with Bautista in his first at bat. Buehrle threw a complete game 2 hit shutout in a 5-0 win. I hit 4 homers overall. First impression is that they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel and what isn't broken don't fix. Players looked great and the stadium looked really nice. Field still seems patchy like ps3 but not a game breaker by any means. Can't wait to get into some more.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

This version of the show is so much better than the PS3 version. The crowd seems more alive and the day to night transition looks so much better. I was playing franchise with the yankees at home against the twins and before the game they showed a screen shot of central park which I thought was pretty cool.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:10 AM   #69
Rookie

GerryH3's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
-Transfer of my franchise file from the PS3 to the PS4....perfecto..
M.K.
Knight165
I still can't transfer my PS3 RTTS save from the cloud. Error message is "There is no RTTS Mode Save data on the cloud server".

Starting to wonder whether it might be an issue with my PS3 copy being a download from the UK store and my PS4 version being a Canadian disc version? I would have thought that all saves under my username would be on the "same cloud" irrespective of disc region or download region?

Last edited by GerryH3; 05-03-2014 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

One of the more impressive upgrades that I haven't seen anyone mention (I don't think) is the sound. Everything sounds so much deeper/richer. I play with surround sound headphones (panasonic) and was immediately blown away by the difference in sound quality between the PS3 version and the PS4. I could even notice it in the music and the sound of the ball coming off the batter is unreal.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #71
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

The more I've played night games the more it appears that while the field is brilliantly lit (the shadows around the 5th or 6th inning are incredible) the sacrifice is that the crowd, especially in the outfield at all the stadiums I've played seem to be in the dark.

That being said, it is not unlike the illusion you get sitting at the lowest bowl at a hockey game when you look up at the crowd vs. looking down. The lighting on the playing area is so intense that looking up you have shadows on those items.

So I'm not sure if its as designed or ultimately a lighting issue. Playing it first hand I haven't had a stadium where I felt it unsettled gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #72
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

The details in the trail the ball leaves in the dirt on grounders or when you slide amazes me. Everything is so much more detailed. I have a feeling people who dont think graphically its a big leap didnt play the ps3 version this year and kinda forgot what it looked like. Honestly its mind blowingly different to me. I also agree its seems smoother. One thing I noticed though is does anyone else see alot of jaggies in the shadows on players in certain cut scenes? Im at my fiances parents out of town and not on the greatest tv so I was wondering if its just the tv im using.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »