Home

Dynamic Difficulty?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Dynamic Difficulty?

Does DD ever lock in? I ask because I've been using it for about 8 exhibition games and today I noting my settings have changed. Pitching was no longer set to DD only batting. When I went back into settings and changed it back to DD it shows I'm at Rookie +? I'm confused?

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #82
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

DD attaches itself to your The Show Profile. I've turned it on and off at will and never had it reset; as long as I was using the SAME Profile.

Also, during a game; if you advance a Difficulty Level, for the remainder of that game, that side of the ball cannot advance any further.

You'll also lose the on-screen notification if you use the fast forward feature. Meaning, if you just sim hitting, you'll still see the DD OSD when pitching. But if you decide to hit for an inning or two, the OSD for DD will not appear for the remainder of that game because you've essentially locked advancement for hitting out.

If your level has reset completely and you're sure of it, it has to be your Profile has switched. If not, it's a bug.

I've tested this and it works flawlessly for me (no bugs on my end).
Old 05-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #83
Rookie

jeff257's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried using DD but I could never get it past Rookie++. I would do well for a bit but then start sucking in RTTS so I stopped using it and switched over to veteran. I must say I am doing much better now on that setting with a new character too. Maybe soon though I will try it again but for now I just hated seeing my setting drop below Rookie when I was doing bad.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
DD attaches itself to your The Show Profile. I've turned it on and off at will and never had it reset; as long as I was using the SAME Profile.

Also, during a game; if you advance a Difficulty Level, for the remainder of that game, that side of the ball cannot advance any further.

You'll also lose the on-screen notification if you use the fast forward feature. Meaning, if you just sim hitting, you'll still see the DD OSD when pitching. But if you decide to hit for an inning or two, the OSD for DD will not appear for the remainder of that game because you've essentially locked advancement for hitting out.

If your level has reset completely and you're sure of it, it has to be your Profile has switched. If not, it's a bug.

I've tested this and it works flawlessly for me (no bugs on my end).

Thanks for the detailed info. Even my settings changed. I've been strictly DD so my guess is I encountered some bug. I only have 1 profile and have only played exhibition games to try and level out on DD.

Will keep an eye out going forward

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #85
Senior AI Programmer - MLB: The Show

OVR: 7

Some additional notes on Dynamic Difficulty:
* Sliders work the same as always, independently of DD
* As pointed out, you can maintain two separate option profiles so that two different people can play or so you can keep Franchise / RTTS separate.
* There are special rules to prevent promotion/demotion in the middle of a close game.
* RTTS hitters and relievers gain/lose progress at twice the rate. Since they have far fewer opportunities per game, it can still take many games to see a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SCEA
Some additional notes on Dynamic Difficulty:
* Sliders work the same as always, independently of DD
* As pointed out, you can maintain two separate option profiles so that two different people can play or so you can keep Franchise / RTTS separate.
* There are special rules to prevent promotion/demotion in the middle of a close game.
* RTTS hitters and relievers gain/lose progress at twice the rate. Since they have far fewer opportunities per game, it can still take many games to see a change.
This is new info to me. Thanks Brian!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #87
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Reading this is interesting, but one big problem comes to mind with this..

Let's say my team gets in a slump after saying I should be on all star and I lose 3 of 4 games in a series.. Is it gonna take me down to veteran where I can win? I would hate that.

I want it to be where I can win and lose depending on how I play, not because the game gets easier and let's me win.

I might be missing something but that's what it seems like and I'm afraid to use it.

Edit::

Got to thinking also, if I use the Cubs, is it gonna be a lower setting because my team isn't good but if I used the Redsox, will I get a harder setting? The cubs shouldn't be able to win often so I would want it to be the same difficulty regardless of team.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 05-13-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Reading this is interesting, but one big problem comes to mind with this..

Let's say my team gets in a slump after saying I should be on all star and I lose 3 of 4 games in a series.. Is it gonna take me down to veteran where I can win? I would hate that.

I want it to be where I can win and lose depending on how I play, not because the game gets easier and let's me win.

I might be missing something but that's what it seems like and I'm afraid to use it.
This is the exact reason why I can't use it in a season-based mode, as well. It would take a pretty big slump (or perhaps getting no-hit in a game) for it to happen, but even the threat of that is enough to keep me from using it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »