Home

Dynamic Difficulty?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2014, 02:58 AM   #49
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Dynamic Difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Hello guys!

Is it possible to turn off the notifications about your current difficulty level after every inning?
Unfortunately, you cannot

Watch me play video games
Old 05-09-2014, 04:29 AM   #50
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Dynamic Difficulty + Quick Counts = brilliant, at least for a n00b like me.

Previously in '13, I had no idea how to work a count, I just did a bunch of free swinging hoping to make contact. QC actually makes me pay more attention to the count, when to swing and when to lay off, and Dynamic Difficulty ensures that I never feel like I'm in over my head.

Seriously, these two additions have made a world of difference so far.
DD,QC, Player Lock, New Intuitive Menu and RTTS improvements are huge features imo. It's really weird that the game has worse review scores than MLB 13. Thankfully, afaik many gamers have stopped taking seriously all these reviewers.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 AM   #51
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Amazing...im not a big fan of MLB (NHL, NBA, NFL then MLB)...and didnt have MLB video games for ages. Not PS owner only now......and Im glad I changed.

Playing this game with Dynamic difficulty is like teaching me how to swim...easy learning without having to feel that im cheating the game. BEST ADDITION!!!! Great JOB SCEA!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #52
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Dynamic Difficulty + Quick Counts = brilliant, at least for a n00b like me.
same boat as you....with these addition....plus graphics etc...this game is the Best Damn Sports Out There In NG.....move over 2K and EA.....

How I wish SCEA could produce NHL, NBA as well
Old 05-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

The dynamic difficulty is simply an amazing feature. For me I can see that tendancy: I am the worst of hitter still at Rook+ Progress-- , but I am at Veteran +++ for pitching because it's too easy for me.

In real life it would have been very difficult adjusting the sliders that way, and also guessing it. I would have love that the dynamic difficulty would also apply for fielding.

Although I hate the game for the lack of new features in the franchise and aesthetic only rain, that feature alone made the game so much more fun for me. I now play full games, something I didn't do since the last 3-4 years.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #54
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Not sure what to think about this feature. I guess I'll just have to try it to see if it works for me. On one hand, I don't like the idea of wasting 10-20 games to get to my "level". On the other hand I love the idea of not dealing with "slideritis" and constantly wondering if I'm playing at the right difficulty level.

What effect does individual and team ratings have on DD? For example, if I play with the Astro's will their stats/win-loss record be realistic or will I be competing for a pennant with them based on a lower DD level. Vice versa a team like the Dodgers.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #55
Rookie

guitarDADDY1208's Arena

OVR: 7

Concept is good I applaud the development team for adding it to the game but I personally don't use it. I don't like the fact that it also decreases difficulty when you play bad. For me I like to challenge myself by manually increasing difficulty and sticking with it until I need to move up again. Currently using All-star pitching and Hall of Fame hitting. But I know my opinion is just that and I do encourage anyone who struggles to find the balance they want to give dynamic difficulty a try. I just happened to find what I like without it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #56
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Not sure what to think about this feature. I guess I'll just have to try it to see if it works for me. On one hand, I don't like the idea of wasting 10-20 games to get to my "level". On the other hand I love the idea of not dealing with "slideritis" and constantly wondering if I'm playing at the right difficulty level.

What effect does individual and team ratings have on DD? For example, if I play with the Astro's will their stats/win-loss record be realistic or will I be competing for a pennant with them based on a lower DD level. Vice versa a team like the Dodgers.
It's not like you'll blow out every team at the start. Sometimes you'll struggle and sometimes you'll breeze through a game. I went back and forth with the Rays against the Jays last night after having to start all over moving to the PS4 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »