Home

Dynamic Difficulty?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #449
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Difficulty?

My only issue is that on my profile I used Dynamic Difficulty on my RTTS CF guy and got it to a point that kept the hitting fun but not too easy and I locked the slider.

I then went to Season mode and played some games and noticed my Difficulty was adjusting again. No big deal, I simply 0 out the slider again.

My problem is that now my pitching is at Rookie + and won't progress because I put the slider all the way down. I guess I could turn the slider on and off depending on whether I was pitching or hitting but that seems like a pain. I could also force myself to play my RTTS pitcher to find the sweet spot as he is a closer and would never bat.

But I am thinking I will just use a preset difficulty for it.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #450
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
My only issue is that on my profile I used Dynamic Difficulty on my RTTS CF guy and got it to a point that kept the hitting fun but not too easy and I locked the slider.

I then went to Season mode and played some games and noticed my Difficulty was adjusting again. No big deal, I simply 0 out the slider again.

My problem is that now my pitching is at Rookie + and won't progress because I put the slider all the way down. I guess I could turn the slider on and off depending on whether I was pitching or hitting but that seems like a pain. I could also force myself to play my RTTS pitcher to find the sweet spot as he is a closer and would never bat.

But I am thinking I will just use a preset difficulty for it.
I've said this quite a few times in the thread but here we go again...

If you want to increase only your pitching difficulty, you can do that. Go into exhibition, max out the slider, zero out the CPU hitting sliders, max out your pitching sliders, and just pitch.

When it's time for you to hit, select Fast Forward half an inning.

Keep doing this until your pitching levels up. Keep in mind your hitting team will need to be up by 3 runs to promote. Whether or not you're the one actually scoring the runs is irrelevant. Simming them in is fine.

You can only promote/demote one time per game. So when you get from Rookie+ to Veteran, sim to the end of the game and start another one if you want to promote further.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Yeah this "bug" (if you can call it that) is pretty nasty. As is the DD resetting after you download a 14 save file once establishing a Y2Y file from 14.

But fortunately we have the suspend feature. I love it SO MUCH. I just finished a game and played 2 innings of the next one. Up 1-0 against BOSTON with my Yanks and suspended it so I could eat dinner. LOL!

Knowing I can come back to the exact moment I left off at is so cool.

Totally agree! I've been a Show RTTS junkie since it first launched and some of the best improvements this year is the way you can suspend your game where you were and also how much noticeably faster the game loading is compared to past years. I would never play a reliever just because I would come in for a pitch or an inning that would take 30 sec and then wait five minutes to do it again. Also, same thing if you were in a bench role. That sucked! Always room to improve the game play but this was a serious pain point for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #452
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Last night I decided to finally zero out the DD slider. After getting my butt handed to me for a few days, I turned the table and walloped the CPU in my last game of the night.

With the slider at 2, I haven't moved anywhere for a while so now just feels right in locking it in. The games have been realistic and varied. I really can't ask for anything more.

AS for both hitting and pitching, QC's only, Classic, Timing Only.

My plan now is to play this way for the time being. That said, I think my skills are beginning to improve again so if that continues, I'll turn the slider back up.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #453
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

That's what is perfect now with the ability to turn off or slow down progression of DD. I get to a point where I feel comfortable so I lock it in. 30/40 games from now when I get comfortable with the new game and its quirks and start playing better I can turn it back on and get comfortable again at a new difficulty and then lock it again. Don't have to chase sliders or worry about outplaying my difficulty level.

Probably my favorite add on to the game this year

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-10-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #454
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is there any way to transfer your Dynamic Difficulty progress from the PS4 version to the Vita version and vice versa? I love this system but that's my major hangup
Old 04-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #455
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars
Is there any way to transfer your Dynamic Difficulty progress from the PS4 version to the Vita version and vice versa? I love this system but that's my major hangup
Dumb question, when it says All-Star + does that mean it's a harder version of All-Star or which what I think it means is your halfway to leveling up to HOF? I understand how it all works just never sure if it makes the difficulty harder when you rack up +
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #456
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Dumb question, when it says All-Star + does that mean it's a harder version of All-Star or which what I think it means is your halfway to leveling up to HOF? I understand how it all works just never sure if it makes the difficulty harder when you rack up +
"All-Star +" means a level of difficulty in-between AS and HOF - on this level the game is actually harder than normal All-Star. "AllStar [Progress: +]" means that you are on AllStar difficulty, but one positive step towards promoting to the next highest level, AllStar +.

Does that make sense? Not a dumb question btw, it comes up a lot and I kind of wish they used different symbols for the difficulty levels and progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »