Home

Dynamic Difficulty?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 04:01 AM   #473
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Didnt even know this was in the game the last few years ill this morning.

Starting to use it now in game 4 of Spring Training and plan to let it adjust to my skill level throughout.

Should be leveled out by Opening Day.

Couple things:

- They need to change the + signs on the update bar to something else. I was confused at what was seeing all of the time.

- I am using DD with a slider set I found in the vaults. Anyone doing that? Or are you going with things right down the middle?
I usually have to change CPU Strike Zone Frequency along with user pitcher control. I cant imagine playing with DD active with those sliders on default and still seeing decent amount of user and cpu walks.

- In any event this feels very fresh and for the first time I feel free when playing the Show. Its comforting having the game do the background work on the data while I can just concentrate on having fun.

This was in the game last year and this year so second year. I am doing things mostly down the middle. In the past I would have to lower CPU strike Frequency but not this year because this year the CPU throws a lot more balls. I don't think it needs to be changed.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #474
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Apologies if this is a stupid question, I've read the thread but don't remember anything about this in particular. I started a franchise in '15 using DD and got to a level that works for me. I also just brought over a franchise from '14 and I want to use DD there as well. Is there any way for me to use my existing DD progress or do I have to start over at Rookie+?
Old 05-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #475
Rookie

OVR: 7

Pretty sure you have to start over at rookie this year. There is a slider that you can adjust that will allow you to change more levels quickly, though, so that should help make it easier for you to achieve a normal level more quickly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #476
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Apologies if this is a stupid question, I've read the thread but don't remember anything about this in particular. I started a franchise in '15 using DD and got to a level that works for me. I also just brought over a franchise from '14 and I want to use DD there as well. Is there any way for me to use my existing DD progress or do I have to start over at Rookie+?
I think there's an "issue" this year where carrying over your 14 save will overwrite your Profile in 15 (your Profile is what stores your DD progress). So in this instance, if you did carryover from 14 AFTER already finding a good DD level in 15, you'll have to start your progress over.

Though I've already detailed in this thread how to level up quickly.

But for future reference, keep in mind DD attaches to your Profile. So any Franchise/Season/RTTS you use that Profile with, your progress will stay with you.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #477
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I have finally reached the promise land of Dynamic Difficulty(at least for me). I have always struggled with hitting in past years. Pitching I was at All Star+. I am playing 14 btw.

Ok here's my story...played my Spring Training on my 42" Panasonic TV(Game mode) and my hitting stayed at Rookie+. So I thought I finally figured out why I had struggled in past Shows. I had always had hitting set to Veteran or All Star and thought ok guess I am not as good a hitter as I thought. I then didn't play for awhile(time/health issues).

But then...I got a 24" Benq gaming monitor and started a franchise over. I have been crushing it with my hitting and have reached All Star hitting in just 6 games. So it looks like my bad hitting wasn't me but my TV!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #478
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I have finally reached the promise land of Dynamic Difficulty(at least for me). I have always struggled with hitting in past years. Pitching I was at All Star+. I am playing 14 btw.

Ok here's my story...played my Spring Training on my 42" Panasonic TV(Game mode) and my hitting stayed at Rookie+. So I thought I finally figured out why I had struggled in past Shows. I had always had hitting set to Veteran or All Star and thought ok guess I am not as good a hitter as I thought. I then didn't play for awhile(time/health issues).

But then...I got a 24" Benq gaming monitor and started a franchise over. I have been crushing it with my hitting and have reached All Star hitting in just 6 games. So it looks like my bad hitting wasn't me but my TV!
It really is a good feeling when you find that perfect level and just settle in. No more worrying about whether you should move up or down due to a hot/cold streak, and it always feels fair.

Enjoy!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #479
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It really is a good feeling when you find that perfect level and just settle in. No more worrying about whether you should move up or down due to a hot/cold streak, and it always feels fair.

Enjoy!
Questions once u settle in is there a way u can lock in the difficulty while using dynamic no ring?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #480
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Questions once u settle in is there a way u can lock in the difficulty while using dynamic no ring?
Sure is , it was introduced this year. Simply lower the dynamic difficulty slder to 0

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »