Home

Dynamic Difficulty?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 12:49 AM   #465
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Dynamic Difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'm ready to lock in at All-Star for both hitting and pitching.
Yeah, I'm pretty well set at HOF Hitting, AllStar+ Pitching myself. Had the slider zeroed for the last 10 games or so I've played and there's been all kinds of variety in the scores and stats. Where I can have a normal, 4-5 k game vs another MLB team, I can strike out 10 or more vs a AA with the same pitcher. It just feels so balanced.

I've only made two slider changes, and it's the same ones I made last year - lowering both HUM/CPU Foul Frequencies to 0. I still see the long at-bats pop up too often on default, and even on 0 I can see the occasional 8-9 pitch AB from me or the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 AM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am now 11 games into my franchise and I am 9-2 using dynamic difficulty. Most my games are pretty close and stats are accurate, but I feel a bit too in control most of the time. Should I be bumping the DD slider up to say three quarters? (currently at default level).
Old 04-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #467
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushtaq
I am now 11 games into my franchise and I am 9-2 using dynamic difficulty. Most my games are pretty close and stats are accurate, but I feel a bit too in control most of the time. Should I be bumping the DD slider up to say three quarters? (currently at default level).
It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you're certain you want more of a challenge, and want to speed the process along, max out the slider and go into some exhibition games. You can even max out your own sloders while zeroing out the CPU's to make the process quick.

If you're unsure about changing levels, maxing out the DD slider will get you up or down much quicker than you're seeing so that is always a decent option too.

If you're really enjoying the game as it is, just let DD do its thing at the Default setting. You'll promote/demote eventually.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #468
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

I have a question, So when i got the game i played with dynamic difficulty, but i didnt like it very much, So i did what i do every year and went with allstar everything, Is there a way to turn back on dynamic difficulty and start out at allstar then get to allstar+ real fast or do i have to start dynamic difficulty over from rookie? Or does dynamic difficulty just leave off from where i was before i decided to change to allstar settings?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #469
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

DD is tied to your profile. It will be set to whatever level it was at when you switched it off.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #470
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
I have a question, So when i got the game i played with dynamic difficulty, but i didnt like it very much, So i did what i do every year and went with allstar everything, Is there a way to turn back on dynamic difficulty and start out at allstar then get to allstar+ real fast or do i have to start dynamic difficulty over from rookie? Or does dynamic difficulty just leave off from where i was before i decided to change to allstar settings?
You can also up the slider so that it advances as fast as possible and then set it to 0 when you get to all-star + and want to lock it there.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #471
MVP

OVR: 46

Didnt even know this was in the game the last few years ill this morning.

Starting to use it now in game 4 of Spring Training and plan to let it adjust to my skill level throughout.

Should be leveled out by Opening Day.

Couple things:

- They need to change the + signs on the update bar to something else. I was confused at what was seeing all of the time.

- I am using DD with a slider set I found in the vaults. Anyone doing that? Or are you going with things right down the middle?
I usually have to change CPU Strike Zone Frequency along with user pitcher control. I cant imagine playing with DD active with those sliders on default and still seeing decent amount of user and cpu walks.

- In any event this feels very fresh and for the first time I feel free when playing the Show. Its comforting having the game do the background work on the data while I can just concentrate on having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 08:14 PM   #472
MVP

OVR: 46

Quick Question:

When they show your progress on the scorebug each half inning was that for the previous half inning?
Meaning, when i come to bat and the osd pops up is that showing my latest pitching progress coming off the last half, or my batting?

thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »