Home

MLB 14 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #33
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Review (PS4)

Which is a shame because I thought the fact sheet touted hundreds of new animations.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #34
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Here it is:

• Completely re-done catcher animations suite (over 150 all-new catcher animations)
• More than 90 new batting stances
• More than 160 batting stance re-captures for players who changed their stances
• More than 50 new fielding animations
• More than 30 new pitching motions
• 20 new signature HR swings
• Over 350 new fielding and batting animations (PS4 Only)
• Team specific, player specific, team generic crowd signs (PS4 Only)
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #35
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I think it's time the devs of this series get some bad press for their online issues and now loading times on a Next Gen console that supposedly was going to make loading times a thing of the past. Even with all that, I cannot disagree with the review as the gameplay is the best recreation of any sport in a game currently by far. The sheer amount of options they give for control and tweaking of the game to suit any player level is needed in all sports games IMO. Graphics at times are lifelike. Audio when using headphones or a 7.1 system is very good compared to other sports games even with the loss of Sounds of The Show. People should give Sony a tweet or two on that as well.

Bottom line, this game deserves praise for it gameplay and offline play. It also deserves major criticism for its online play.
Could not agree more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #36
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Which is a shame because I thought the fact sheet touted hundreds of new animations.

Those 300 plus animations that are specific to the PS4 are all there.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #37
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Ok thanks Russell.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #38
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
I havent seen many new Catcher animations either but I still see alot of the jumping out of the box down the line ones in super speed and yes player models , Catcher gear and the overdone scribbled on beards all need to be redone and SCEA keep the overlays and screens new every year as its like a fresh coat of paint and different from last years game .

But quick counts is just amazing so I hope SCEA doesnt tweak it into a version of the regular full count game as some suggest as it does whats its supposed while still staying ultra realistic and statistically accurate , just a incredible addition !
Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #39
Pro

MLB14's Arena

I would think it's obvious that the developers were overworked this year with the PS4 release. The PS3 version was released a month later than usual. I don't blame them at all.

The work that goes into developing a game like this can't be put into words. Things will be done to correct something, which changes something else, then that needs to be adjusted. It goes on and on and on.

To sum up my point: Anyone who expected to be blown away by the PS4 version wasn't being realistic. I bet MLB 15 for the PS4 will amaze you though.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #40
Banned

I just have just three words for the ps4 version of this game visuals,presentation,graphics what ever you wanna call it,more polished ps3 version! I want the option next year of the retractable roof stadiums to be able to have them closed or open,I want the umpires to wear jackets and sport coat for the home plate umpire when it's cold,I want the American league and national league all stars for each player to wear his team uniform in the all-star game just like in real life! It would be awesome to get the weather channel to do the weather ,like real time weather,in each city,like they had for years in ncaa football,I want them to bring back the old franchise mode we're you control ticket prices ,merchandise,promotions etc,i would like them to add Nike shoes into it! They already have the Nike undershirt,for the life of me I don't understand how they can have the Nike undershirt ,but still have generic shoes. MLB 14 is still a awesome game and I love it,but they do need to step it up now! The new console cycle/era has begun! No more excuses! If the ps4 is so powerful,let's start seeing it! That goes for all next gen sports games! EA are you hearing me lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »