Home

Does anything happen if you go over budget in franchise?

This is a discussion on Does anything happen if you go over budget in franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does anything happen if you go over budget in franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
I always let the CPU handle the scouting and never hire / fire them because I think it is just cheesing the game. You should be penalized for having too many hefty contracts. Franchise mode is easy enough as it is with the flawed AI logic.

As for signing draft picks...you CAN'T sign them if you are over budget. However, you can set the CPU to handle contracts after you draft them which will allow your team to sign them (Automatically).
I agree with you, I hate cheesing the game. I want it to be a challenge to build a team that competes year after year through the draft and strategic FA signings. Would it be that hard for them to introduce the luxury tax? They have all the free agent rules for salary arbitration and compensation picks they even have super 2 exception in if I'm not mistaken. Putting the logic in that if you stay under the luxury tax line you receive addition budget room from all teams that went over the luxury tax line can't be more difficult.

To the original question, I was under the impression you couldn't even go over budget through trades. When I do it says "one or more teams can't take on additional salary" can you just go through with the trade even though it says this?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

They don't have the revenue sharing, at least I don't think so.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
They don't have the revenue sharing, at least I don't think so.
No, they don't, that's what I was saying, I don't see why they don't bother with that when they put so much effort into the arbitration, free agent and compensation rules. They do such a great job then seem to miss other details, it's almost frustrating.

Another budget related gripe of mine is the salaries. I'm aware they can't use the real salaries, some MLB rule, but can't they just multiply everyone's real life salary by 75% or something. I feel like I lucked out with Ricky Romero making under a mil

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »