Home

Terrible Drafting logic

This is a discussion on Terrible Drafting logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Terrible Drafting logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
i'm not trusting that feature until I know it is a sure thing. beyond excited for it but i need to make sure it will work before i commit to it.
No doubt about that, but my point is what difference does it make if it does work if some of these things aren't cleaned up a bit? A long carried over franchise will only be as good as its weakest link. If we are going to have to do a bunch of editing with each draft along with all the other things we've been doing to keep a franchise half way reasonable well my excitement will wane fast.
I understand this is all 'what if' but have been thinking about issues like these since they have announced the ability to carry over. Hope all works out well tho!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Banned

CJ10's Arena

Just edit their ages, thats what I do. No one drafts 25 year olds. Hell, are there even 25 year olds in the draft?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #11
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
30-team control would help this. I'm actually thinking of drafting for all teams in the next draft. They do their own scouting so I'll just browse their scouting list and try to take the best guy for them.
OT a bit but how do i draft for all teams. I am at the draft in a 30 team control franchise but can only draft for my team. I have tried putting all teams on the same profile and making it the default, but then it just auto drafts for every team including mine.Any tips.

edit: after doing some searching i think it may be set to auto under the profile/franchise options.

Last edited by dazzelle; 07-13-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #12
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

You need to have two profiles set up. Make sure you change the CPU's profile for MANUAL drafting

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I tried to draft for every team messing around, one team would have a player rated 67-91 with an ETA with 2018 and the next team would have the same player rated 44/52 ETA 2023. So I drafted best by their scout, but I still ended up with top picks not ready for MLB for years and some with worse ratings and overall than their scout showed.

How can we work around this?
Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I tried to draft for every team messing around, one team would have a player rated 67-91 with an ETA with 2018 and the next team would have the same player rated 44/52 ETA 2023. So I drafted best by their scout, but I still ended up with top picks not ready for MLB for years and some with worse ratings and overall than their scout showed.

How can we work around this?
That's the problem with the op's theory. He assumes every scout for every team is giving the same information.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

The only thing I can think of is saving the day before the draft. Then sim through the draft and go through every pick, write down the best players and then draft in order by team by best player.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
Just edit their ages, thats what I do. No one drafts 25 year olds. Hell, are there even 25 year olds in the draft?
Yeah, I'm going to have to remember to do this one the draftees hit team rosters - edit ages and some of their skills to keep them the same type of player but not quite as absolutely raw.

Some of these guys are so raw they have, literally, no chance of making it, regardless of potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »