Home

For the Life of Me, I Can't Hit With Righties Against Righties

This is a discussion on For the Life of Me, I Can't Hit With Righties Against Righties within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: For the Life of Me, I Can't Hit With Righties Against Righties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Try Catcher Offset. That's what I use (then tilted to recognize high pitches better). It's offset, but not as much as the other Offset cameras.
I love the Catcher Offset cam, but in a pitcher advantage match up, Righty vs Righty or Lefty vs Lefty, it makes it harder to pick up the ball. which I feel is more real, but would not help our friend who started this thread in the least. For Batter advantage mtch ups you see the ball a ton better in my opinion as well.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #18
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Try Catcher Offset. That's what I use (then tilted to recognize high pitches better). It's offset, but not as much as the other Offset cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I love the Catcher Offset cam, but in a pitcher advantage match up, Righty vs Righty or Lefty vs Lefty, it makes it harder to pick up the ball. which I feel is more real, but would not help our friend who started this thread in the least. For Batter advantage mtch ups you see the ball a ton better in my opinion as well.
I'm not sure what to do now. LOL!

I'll take a look at the camera later on. If it's a no-go on that, I guess I'll just need to take my lumps from the Default view.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #19

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

This thread hits home. I fight the same fight. Cannot hit at all with Josh Donaldson.

His overly closed stance doesn't help.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #20
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
He said the more drastic offset actually helped him read pitches on same-handed side. I thought maybe the less drastic angle would still help him read same-side pitchers without making opp-arm pitchers too difficult.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm dumb. I just remembered the Catcher Offset is offset to the batter side, not the open side like the other Offset cameras are. So, you're right. That wouldn't help the original issue at all. My bad

Watch me play video games
Old 07-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

My best advice, is to just take an approach where you are trying to go the other way with the pitch. This way you are watching the ball longer. Maybe just the difference in approach may help you see the ball better and get better swings in these match ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #22
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
My best advice, is to just take an approach where you are trying to go the other way with the pitch. This way you are watching the ball longer. Maybe just the difference in approach may help you see the ball better and get better swings in these match ups.
I think this is probably the best advice because with the centered and neutral catcher cameras, the ball is actually coming at me the same regardless of hitter.

What changes is the AI approach (I.E. Soft away).

And when I start to look for it, BAM! Inside heat on the wrists! LOL! It never fails.

I have some qualms with the hitting in this game for sure. But one thing's for certain; the AI is not stupid!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #23
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

when ever I get into a slump, I take this approach. sometimes you just need to see the ball a little longer,
Old 07-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I think this is probably the best advice because with the centered and neutral catcher cameras, the ball is actually coming at me the same regardless of hitter.

What changes is the AI approach (I.E. Soft away).

And when I start to look for it, BAM! Inside heat on the wrists! LOL! It never fails.

I have some qualms with the hitting in this game for sure. But one thing's for certain; the AI is not stupid!
Great thread ........this is why Operation Sports is the best video gaming forum, informative discussions to relevant user topics.

I use a modified offset camera setting, sit on the off speed and react to the fastballs.

You are correct about the intelligent AI and how a user weakness will be exploited without mercy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »