Home

Using a Paper Box Score to Track Stats from All Played Games ?

This is a discussion on Using a Paper Box Score to Track Stats from All Played Games ? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Using a Paper Box Score to Track Stats from All Played Games ?

I am considering doing this. What do ya'll think ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Using a Paper Box Score to Track Stats from All Played Games ?

If you have the dedication, then cool. I used to keep a notebook full of notes from an NCAA dynasty I did one time. Can;t find it now, but it was always cool to look at again.

― Plato
Old 08-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

There was an excel document for download iirc that you could fill out at the end of each game and would keep running totals for you. But not box scores.
I used it for two franchises last year and was gonna use it this year again also, till my house got broke into and my laptop got ripped off among other things.
I pity the next person I catch stealing something.
Anyway in was in a thread in the slider section again iirc. Hope it helps you.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

Paper? What is "paper"? Is that a new iPhone app?

I just use Microsoft Excel, man...
Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
There was an excel document for download iirc that you could fill out at the end of each game and would keep running totals for you. But not box scores.
I used it for two franchises last year and was gonna use it this year again also, till my house got broke into and my laptop got ripped off among other things.
I pity the next person I catch stealing something.
Anyway in was in a thread in the slider section again iirc. Hope it helps you.
See, this is why I don't keep any physical record of my Franchise. Writing it down in any truly physical form is pretty much gold, in which case, you're just asking to get robbed!

That sucks, Magoo. This fiance got robbed one time at 2AM WHILE SHE WAS HOME. She didn't feel safe again until we got the dog. I hope you caught the person!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 12:47 AM   #6
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
See, this is why I don't keep any physical record of my Franchise. Writing it down in any truly physical form is pretty much gold, in which case, you're just asking to get robbed!

That sucks, Magoo. This fiance got robbed one time at 2AM WHILE SHE WAS HOME. She didn't feel safe again until we got the dog. I hope you caught the person!
Oh, I can only imagine that she felt that way. Quite honestly for like the first week I was more ticked off about just the simple fact that somebody broke in my house more so than the things they took, kinda weird I know. Then after that wore off now just about everyday at some point I cuss over the stuff they took.
I've tried to explain to a couple friends that I certainly would have hurt them bad if not killed them if I was home (really wouldn't have thought to much about the difference at the time) and they didn't seem to understand the difference of someone coming in someone's yard and stealing something as opposed to braking in one's house.
I'm a firm believer that if you brake into someone's home for any reason you should expect to die!!
It's above all else the one place ppl should be able to go to feel safe. No haven't caught them... Yet. Life's funny that way, I'm in no rush, but I do believe that day will come
Certainly glad no one was hurt in your situation and really hope she's all good with things now. It's very important in my opinion!

Ok sorry for derailing the thread, yes as hv said paper n pen might be better for safe keeping

Last edited by Mrmagoo; 08-18-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #7
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
I am considering doing this. What do ya'll think ?
Interesting. I've considered doing this for some time, using Strat-o-Matic scoresheets. I like having a record of every game I play and going back and looking at what transpired.

Right now, I'm just keeping that info in a spiral notebook: The score and key stats for meand the CPU (AB, H, HR, SO, BB, SB, E). After after 25 games, I tally the stats to calculate batting average as well as average HR, SO, BB and E per game. I compare that with actual MLB averages and adjust my sliders accordingly, trying to get the most realistic stats as possible.

Would be great if the game kept user stats for off-line games. That was one of the few things the MLB 2k series nailed. It kept detailed user and CPU stats (including righty-lefty splits, if I'm not mistaken). Never understood why the Show hasn't done this.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #8
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Interesting. I've considered doing this for some time, using Strat-o-Matic scoresheets. I like having a record of every game I play and going back and looking at what transpired.

Right now, I'm just keeping that info in a spiral notebook: The score and key stats for meand the CPU (AB, H, HR, SO, BB, SB, E). After after 25 games, I tally the stats to calculate batting average as well as average HR, SO, BB and E per game. I compare that with actual MLB averages and adjust my sliders accordingly, trying to get the most realistic stats as possible.

Would be great if the game kept user stats for off-line games. That was one of the few things the MLB 2k series nailed. It kept detailed user and CPU stats (including righty-lefty splits, if I'm not mistaken). Never understood why the Show hasn't done this.
Yup.... Oh how I wish the show kept stats like mlb 2k did and even more!!!
The very diffention of baseball is stats!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »