Home

2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

This is a discussion on 2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
3 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

There are 2 kinds of CPU fielding animations that I have seen over the years and would love to see them removed for the next version of MLB The Show.

The first example is when an infielder like the second basemen moving to his left towards first base runs right over a ground ball that looks like it should have been fielded and so he ends up having to move back to his right to pick up the ball. During this play the second basemen glove actually stops the ball from moving but the second baseman ran past the ball instead of picking it up. You will hardly ever see these happen in real life.

The second example is cpu pitchers taking way to long fielding ground balls hit back at them. One example was I hit a fairly hard ground ball back to the cpu pitcher and when the pitcher picked the ball up he makes like this like big swing animation around with his arm and my batter barley had left home plate so I should have been thrown out pretty easily at first. But of course I was safe at first because of the cpu pitcher doing this strange animation with his arm.

And one other fielding animation user controlled that happens sometimes is when an outfielder runs to either field or catch a ball near a wall and he gets kind of stuck or slowed down by the wall which of course allows the base runner to get extra bases.

All three of these fielding animations happen at random times and they drive me nuts. I am sure there are lots more fielding animations that need to be removed also but these 3 stick out the most to me.

MLB 14 The Shows fielding is fantastic and if Sony can clean up some of the older annoying fielding animations that slow down gameplay it would make what is already a great playing game much much better and more enjoyable to play.

Last edited by tnixen; 09-03-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 3 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
There are 2 kinds of CPU fielding animations that I have seen over the years and would love to see them removed for the next version of MLB The Show.

The first example is when an infielder like the second basemen moving to his left towards first base runs right over a ground ball that looks like it should have been fielded and so he ends up having to move back to his right to pick up the ball. During this play the second basemen glove actually stops the ball from moving but the second baseman ran past the ball instead of picking it up. You will hardly ever see these happen in real life.

The second example is cpu pitchers taking way to long fielding ground balls hit back at them. One example was I hit a fairly hard ground ball back to the cpu pitcher and when the pitcher picked the ball up he makes like this like big swing animation around with his arm and my batter barley had left home plate so I should have been thrown out pretty easily at first. But of course I was safe at first because of the cpu pitcher doing this strange animation with his arm.

And one other fielding animation user controlled that happens sometimes is when an outfielder runs to either field or catch a ball near a wall and he gets kind of stuck or slowed down by the wall which of course allows the base runner to get extra bases.

All three of these fielding animations happen at random times and they drive me nuts. I am sure there are lots more fielding animations that need to be removed also but these 3 stick out the most to me.

MLB 14 The Shows fielding is fantastic and if Sony can clean up some of the older annoying fielding animations that slow down gameplay it would make what is already a great playing game much much better and more enjoyable to play.

Video?.....................
Old 09-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
sounds like he is not preloading throws prior to fielding ball, thus branching into these animations?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

good post.

i suggest that you let the cpu do all your fielding and throwing - ratings based.

scea really cleaned up the animations this year and i hope the continue to improve.

this game is:

OUTSTANDING
Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

If tnixen can get a video of animations or lack there of. It will visibly show the issue. Good post by the way. No bashing, no parting shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
sounds like he is not preloading throws prior to fielding ball, thus branching into these animations?
Nope, regardless of preloading throws, his third point happens A LOT.

It's incredibly annoying, my teammates always do this in my SP RTTS, it looks like you have a shot to throw a player out at second or home, and they do all this extra stuff before the throw or they run into a wall that they could have easily avoided.

But as stated, it happens with user controlled outfielders too.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You know, back in my day, we didn't have these "videos." Us folks just read the darn thing and then we used our imagination to picture everything.

You kids these days don't even know how easy you have it!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Nope, regardless of preloading throws, his third point happens A LOT.

It's incredibly annoying, my teammates always do this in my SP RTTS, it looks like you have a shot to throw a player out at second or home, and they do all this extra stuff before the throw or they run into a wall that they could have easily avoided.

But as stated, it happens with user controlled outfielders too.
guess its to reflect poorer fielding ratings and also user input on preloading throws as I have seen these animations as well. Can always remove and replace with another animation to annoy everyone like some stumble fail to get clean throw off resulting in error

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »