Home

2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

This is a discussion on 2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 2 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

I've seen all of the animations he is talking about, but I don't believe they are gamebreaking or bugs. The first one is just the 2B trying to filed a ball on the run and nips it with his glove slowing or stopping the ball. It does happen in real life every game to fielders. The problem with it in this game is that that is basically the only animation for that scenario, so it gets tired and seems worse than it really is.

The second one is reflecting a hard hit ball and the pitcher backhands it and his glove hand keeps swinging back with momentum causing him to make an even larger turn to first to get the out. It does need some work, I don't have any video of it to help the guy out, but I also do not ever remember the animation playing out and the runner being safe too in all of my games. This animation generally plays out for me on liners around the ankles towards the pitcher.

And the third issue, it is a bit annoying. I do agree that this one needs to be looked at a little. There will be plenty of times I will have Justin Upton field a ball in fair territory at Turner Field which has pretty decent sized foul grounds in the outfield and he still takes 10 steps at least to brace up against the wall. I get what the game is trying to do here, but it should not be happening when it does. In real life, most guys bounce off the wall and use it to gain momentum back on their throw. In the game, they slow to a crawl so they don't hit the wall faster than 5 inches per second. I can get that animation when no one is on or there is 2 outs. However, there needs to be an animation for when runners are on and the OF bounces a little harder off the wall and rails a throw back in quickly.

The third one is the only problem I have. It is not prevalent at all though, maybe once or twice a month in my franchise, but it is still annoying. It does seem to affect Justin Upton more than Heyward which may mean it is tied to ratings. Or it may be coincidence.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #26
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 3 fielding animations that need to be removed/fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Video?.....................
Hi Russell,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys I was kind of busy this week. Anyway I will do my best in getting some videos of these animations however my first and second examples happen with the CPU fielding not just user control so it's not necessarily something I am doing or not doing. I can't remember if i've seen the third example fielding balls near a wall issue with the CPU fielding.

Last edited by tnixen; 09-08-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #27
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone know how to turn the video recording back on the PS4? I was intending on getting video of one of these that happen to me every few games but last time it happened I forgot I turnes all the sharing stuff off. I was suppose to get one some time ago where a MIF keeps backing up on a weak ground ball letting the runner be safe--that one I see all the time. Don't want to see that crickets line now that I am playing again.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Anyone know how to turn the video recording back on the PS4? I was intending on getting video of one of these that happen to me every few games but last time it happened I forgot I turnes all the sharing stuff off. I was suppose to get one some time ago where a MIF keeps backing up on a weak ground ball letting the runner be safe--that one I see all the time. Don't want to see that crickets line now that I am playing again.
Eh? I don't think you can just turn all of the sharing stuff off...you just use it or you don't. And for recording videos it's a double-tap of the share button that starts the recording. To end and save the recording tap the share button once, and press square on the next screen.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
What are you talking about?

And in case you missed it...yes, videos are essential when trying track down bugs. Should be easy to capture one, no, since the issue you mentioned "dictates every play"?

I understand you guys stick by your game and you should because it's the best baseball game I've ever played, but to assume we're all nuts and react in such a way that comes off as insulting not only turns us off as consumers but also makes us assume nothing will get fixed seeing as you can't even admit the game has clear animation issues. Please check my other topic, the one where the title says videos included. I'm posting a few in there.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #30
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Eh? I don't think you can just turn all of the sharing stuff off...you just use it or you don't. And for recording videos it's a double-tap of the share button that starts the recording. To end and save the recording tap the share button once, and press square on the next screen.
Well I don't know what I turned off then, maybe facebook or something. I just remember going through every menu trying to get rid of any social networking poodoo I could. I'm just not into that stuff. Thank you for the response, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
I understand you guys stick by your game and you should because it's the best baseball game I've ever played, but to assume we're all nuts and react in such a way that comes off as insulting not only turns us off as consumers but also makes us assume nothing will get fixed seeing as you can't even admit the game has clear animation issues. Please check my other topic, the one where the title says videos included. I'm posting a few in there.
I played one game last night and saw an animation I haven't seen before--walk off base hit but the LF was trying to get the ball in quick and it hit off his palm...and then he accidentally kicked it around. Gotta give props on that.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #31
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.

I think you're maybe reading more into it than there really is...

No one ever said any one was "nuts" or there were no bugs in the game. Quite the contrary, we're asking for video to help identify and resolve any issues. If we didn't want your input or were going to fix nothing, we wouldn't be here interacting with you. There is no hostility on this end...

Thank you for posting video in the other thread. I'll check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #32
Banned

Thanks Woodweaver. Sorry, didn't mean to jump at ya. I know you guys do a great job and are one of the only companies that actually visit sites like this to get user input and that alone is enough to keep me purchasing the game every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »