Home

Really hope we get much improved visuals next year

This is a discussion on Really hope we get much improved visuals next year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #9
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Really hope we get much improved visuals next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I am pretty sure we will. Even though the game didn't look bad it was way behind NBA 2k14 and 15 in graphics and behind madden 15 in graphics to where last gen the game had by far the best graphics of any sports game out there.
I don't have Madden 15' for the PS4 because I'm into the Show... But it looks like Madden 15 has visually improved 110% compared to NBA 2K15 for the PS4. I think the Show dev team will make us proud of purchasing MLB 15 the Show for the PS4.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #10
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

MLB 14 The Show on PS4 as far as Visuals and TV style Presentation was a real disappointment for me. But I loved almost everything else about the game. And also unfortunately like a few other here have said I also do not expect a huge Visual upgrade in MLB 15 The Show either thanks to less development time. I think MLB 16 The Show will have the Next Gen Visuals and TV style Presentation that we all so desperately want. The PS4 version of MLB 14 The Show looks way too much like the PS3 version and in some ways that is a good thing because the PS3 version looks fantastic in it's own right. I was just expecting to be blown away with Next Gen Visuals and TV style Presentation on PS4 and I simply was not. On PS3 MLB The Show was by far the best looking sports game year after year. But on the PS4 it has taken a back seat at least far now to a few other sports games in my opinion anyway.

But I have 100% faith in San Diego Studios that MLB The Show will once again be the best looking sports game in the next few versions.

Last edited by tnixen; 11-04-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #11
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I'm not ready to buy into the notion SDS hasn't had enough time to improve graphics. This isn't like Show 14 when the game had to be rebuilt from scratch.
They won't be needing the time rebuilding whole entire stadiums on 15 that they did on 14. The resources SDS will be able to redirect from that ought give them sufficient time they didn't have to spare in 14.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'm not ready to buy into the notion SDS hasn't had enough time to improve graphics. This isn't like Show 14 when the game had to be rebuilt from scratch.
They won't be needing the time rebuilding whole entire stadiums on 15 that they did on 14. The resources SDS will be able to redirect from that ought give them sufficient time they didn't have to spare in 14.
If they are going to add the 6 retractable roof stadiums they would have to build those 6 from scratch. In some cases stadiums take 2 months or more to do(some cases 5). I'm not saying visuals won't improve, but some people's expectations are way out in left field.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
If they are going to add the 6 retractable roof stadiums they would have to build those 6 from scratch. In some cases stadiums take 2 months or more to do(some cases 5). I'm not saying visuals won't improve, but some people's expectations are way out in left field.

Why? Nba 2k14 was a big big improvement form ps3 graphics and that was the first year on ps4. If NBA 2k can have a big graphical improvement the first year then why should it take mlb the show 3 years on the new systmen to have a big upgrade? Why would 2 years on a new system not be enough? That makes no sences and just sounds like an excuse.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #14
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Why? Nba 2k14 was a big big improvement form ps3 graphics and that was the first year on ps4. If NBA 2k can have a big graphical improvement the first year then why should it take mlb the show 3 years on the new systmen to have a big upgrade? Why would 2 years on a new system not be enough? That makes no sences and just sounds like an excuse.
Exactly what i was thinking.

This is a post from another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I often wonder how NFL 2K5 pulled off their masterpiece in '04-'05. That game seems to have twice as much detail and options (and done with just as much quality - accounting for its time) as most sports games today. We're so quick to say, "There's no time to add (cool extra detail). They need to focus on the important stuff like gameplay."

Yet, there was 2K5 with First Person Football, The Crib, Celebrity Games, Sportscenter Commercial Archives, Dozens of Fully Editable Classic Teams, Classic Logos, Cyber Berman, Sportscenter Wrap-ups, Incredible Cut-scenes That Made Sense, Custom Selectable Endzone Dances (including the C-Walk), An Entire Mode Devoted to Replaying the Top 25 NFL Moments of the Past 25 Years, Draft Preview Shows ft. Mel Kiper Jr., Ultra Authentic TV Presentation (Largely thanks to the ESPN License), and so much more... all in addition to putting forth a tremendous on-field product. What was so different about NFL 2K?
What was so different?

Old 11-05-2014, 03:36 AM   #15
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

I've been a pretty big critic of the MLB series when it comes to visual upgrades over the past few years. It seems that the "full dev cycle" excuse has been in place for some time now when it comes to overhauling the visuals. Aside from the updating of player models, and the obvious fidelity improvement on next gen, the graphics have remained relatively unchanged since 09. I do think MLB 14 made some decent strides, but there still is a lot of room for improvement.

There is still something off about the texture of the players faces that make them look plastic or cartoony and lifeless. Possibly the lighting is an issue here. This is something that Live struggled with for quite some time and make great strides this year with.

Jersey's still need work. Something bugs me about how the sleeves don't move or lay down on the player model and the overall movement of them needs to be improved. I want to see them affected by wind. Want to see them move when a player is chasing down a ball in the outfield.

Player models, while improved still need tweaking. Some proportions still seem to be off. Whether arms being too long, or upper body being too stubby.

I think really would really go a long way is the updating of animations/physics. Seems like there are still a lot hanging around from old iterations that have needed to go. A lot still look stiff and the running animation has needed to be updated for like the last 5 years. Not to mention the weird acceleration of speed in the transition from the box to running down the first base line.

The one great thing about all this though, is that the gameplay is so impressive and realistic, that really these improvements would just be the icing on the cake if they chose to overhaul the graphics/animations system. This game continues to be a day one purchase off of gameplay alone.

Last edited by JODYE; 11-06-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 03:46 AM   #16
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

Quote:
I am pretty sure we will. Even though the game didn't look bad it was way behind NBA 2k14 and 15 in graphics and behind madden 15 in graphics to where last gen the game had by far the best graphics of any sports game out there.
A year or so is a long time for a dev team. Even 3/4 a year is. I think it depends where they put their energy. Obviously, the looks need to be improved first and foremost as it is what attracts a lot of people to the game.

The Show does need to step it up and I am sure 15 will show some huge improvements in places. I don't expect miracles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »