Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #65
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Somebody a very good interpretation using Freddie Freeman and re-molding his skeletal system. I'll do some digging.
I believe this is what you're looking for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
some visuals!

Using the assumption that they may be the same skeleton used in the PS4 version, I wanted to show some of what I THINK stands out to people still.

Though most of the proportions seem correct when I measure, there is a general feel of the players legs seeming short (especially from the knee down)..you can see this in the Verlander image) and large heads (you can see this in the Freeman model and players like Kershaw and others). There is also something in the hips, and the combination makes the models seem "boyish", more like cartoon versions of themselves. It's subtle, but it does show...again using the Freeman image as an example.

In the Freeman image I copied the player model in the third shot and made very minor adjustments....reduced the head size, gave him broader shoulders and reduced the "flare" of the sleeves, and slightly increased the overall length of the hips/legs. Its going to be a preference I understand, though to me the adjusted image looks more like a man, and more representative of Freeman.

In general there does not seem to be a range of "figures" or body compositions which allow easier identification of who is who. Looking at the Rollins comparison, he looks pretty buff, and glanced quickly even resembles more of a Ryan Howard model. Part of this is the shoulders, partly since there is no "clothing hang" the pants and jerseys seem more that the player fills them out fully...making them bulkier than they really are.

It's one of the things I am amazed with in NBA 2k14, that even from a distance you can recognize players just by their player model...different levels of bulk and tone, fat, muscle, skinny etc., and then of course the fact that their clothing hangs off of that model, allows for even more realism.

Dont know if this answers the question from the developer, or hopefully shows visually what sometimes stands out. I have the flu...I have way too much time on my hands right now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #66
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Didn't stop the Show from looking 2000x better on last gen, that's just an excuse.
lmao really youre going to go there, yea that was at the end of the life cycle of the PS3 and what 6+ years working with the hardware. Again all subjective enjoy your weekend
Old 12-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #67
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Madden had a short development cycle last year too releasing the next gen game 3 months later than normal but still saw a big improvement in graphics.
And The Show may have a big improvement in graphics as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 4

For SCEA, who has ALWAYS had prime graphics, and being first party who has assumably first and best access to everything development wise, I expect them to meet the bar then raise it (HIGH) for whatever Madden did. EA's always been decent with graphics, but SCEA's always been better. I expect 15 to absolutely shine! Be patient, I expect in 4-6 weeks, we'll have our first in game screenshots that will show the quality this team is known for.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #69

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Let's not turn this into a comparison thread against other games please......
Old 12-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #70
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the new flags, and Dodger stadium looks better. The dugout looks like it has more detail. I hope other stadiums get upgrades like ballpark village in St. Louis. With backgrounds I wonder what it would look like to have real images of the back ground scenery. Like the mountains in L.A., Arch in St. Louis, and all the buildings. Just have night and day pictures, and add different skies to it.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #71
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayheykid01
Looks like you'll be able to choose what webbing you want on your gloves this year, the Giant's pitcher looks like he has some sort of H web.

As for graphics, I'm going to go with the wait and see approach. Even though I would love new player models, I think that lighting can make a HUGE difference.

I think if they nail the lighting and improve the fluidity of animations in general, it can do wonders for the game.
Pulling a page out of 2k's book with the webbing I see, always wanted that. Probably gonna be an equipment geek's dream this year.

Last edited by MauerMorneau09; 12-12-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Unfortunate grammar fail
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #72
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Pulling a page out of 2k's book with the webbing I see, always wanted that. Probably gonna be a equipment geek's dream this year.
Oh, it definitely will be. With name brand equipment I am sure there will be multiple webbing to choose from hopefully.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »