Home

Sortable Season and Career Stats

This is a discussion on Sortable Season and Career Stats within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sortable Season and Career Stats

Yep been saying this for years I would love the see the MLB OBP leader, instead we only get league stats of AVG ERA ECT

we can only sort stats by a team not MLB NL or AL, this is long overdur
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #42
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-burn
I didn't see anything in the fact sheet about stat expansion. Does anybody have any insight on if they improved upon this for 15 or, if not, is it a priority for 16? The fact sheet thread is too long and I'm too lazy to sift.
The franchise twitch is this Thursday. So hopefully they will let us know that they are taking some steps in the right direction. This is one of my only complaints with this game as well. I agree with a lot of these comments. I love pretty much everything else about this game.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

Last edited by garyjr33; 02-24-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
all sports games waste so much time with online crap.
online ruined all sports games.
these games would be so much better if the developers didnt have to worry about the online gaming portion.

when a game from 2001 has better stat tracking its sad. especially for a stat junkie sport like baseball.
agree 100% cough EA sports cough' completed screwed Madden up took out just about everything and stripped it and turned it into a online RPG frenzy that's all well in good but not when you have to strip most of the games components that have been there for 20 years

but back to this, it seems the show only cares about BIG stats even the commentary crap on about how 'oh his average is only 220 he is doing it hard having a terrible season' yet they won't talk about that he has hit 30 HRs and has a OBP of 350..

Same with ERA and W and L anyone else notice that pitchers go in cold streaks because they LOSE games????? even if they have a ERA of about 2 the past 5 games and they are 1-4 it will come up as cold streak.

they need to focus more on the moneyball type stats instead of just AVG and ERA, and it seems that's the only way you can sort your league leader stats.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #44
Rookie

The Big O Face's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNobleEaglex
I would love if video games would add an "Export to Excel" function, so that I can take the stats to the computer and analyze myself. Right now all the data entry has to be manual on my end by going through each team.
I love rating players on my own roster as well, and wish I could export the whole MLB roster to Excel. It'd make the job of those that create their own rosters much easier.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #45
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
The franchise twitch is this Thursday. So hopefully they will let us know that they are taking some steps in the right direction. This is one of my only complaints with this game as well. I agree with a lot of these comments. I love pretty much everything else about this game.

Last year, around this time, Russell_SCEA mentioned (paraphrasing) stats are not a priority at this time. A few days ago, Russell stated stats upgrade in franchise mode will be a priority next year. (ghost rider concurred, but bummed out about the corn meal mix - feet still stank)

So, I am totally excited waiting for MLBTHS15, and already pumped for The Show 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

I asked this in the Q&A on the Fact Sheet - no changes in 15, but a priority for them for 16. The exact Q&A:

• The Fact Sheet is looking good! As another player who solely does Franchise mode (offline) and has been disappointed in the meager career stat tracking, I am hoping for an improvement. Anything you can tell us?Same as last year, however it's the number one item on Franchise features list for 16.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...th-twitch.html
Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #47
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Time will tell, it always does!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I asked this in the Q&A on the Fact Sheet - no changes in 15, but a priority for them for 16. The exact Q&A:

• The Fact Sheet is looking good! As another player who solely does Franchise mode (offline) and has been disappointed in the meager career stat tracking, I am hoping for an improvement. Anything you can tell us?Same as last year, however it's the number one item on Franchise features list for 16.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...th-twitch.html
What was the priority this year, fans catching foul balls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »