Home

MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream - Archive Available Now if You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
I didn't say anything about sim baseball u can do same thing with the show as far as hitting home runs .. The show still to me is to unrealistic in how the player models look how they walk and run hit the ball throw the ball jus at times look way off especially the way they hit the ball follow through is jus not right .. Have not brought create a stadium or expansion like that game did biggest thing I want in this game .. If they never intend to do that at least change the player models they look and react same as they did on ps2 to me ..If they changed them this game might be the best sports game on the market ..
ROFL so player models = everything now, who cares about that pesky gameplay right? I rest my case.........The game plays fantastic and like real baseball........ You can go cry about player models let us basbeall fans enjoy our great game.... They are nothing like they are on ps2, hyperbole is not going to make your point. They dont look near as bad as you are trying to say either. They could be improved but it is hardly a deal breaker. Sounds like this is a you issue more then a The Show one.

It is the best sports game on the market...gameplay is what matters.

Last edited by TheFlamingWeazel; 02-05-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #186
Rookie

Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

why is everyone so mad when someone has a opinion or a complaint ? everyone is entitled to think what they want cuz at the end of the day we pay for this game.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #187
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream Details - Archive Available Now, If You Missed It

Just drop it already. The game plays fine. The graphics are fine. Both areas could use some improvement here and there.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #188
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I cant believe nobody is talking about the new Dynamic Difficulty. Now we can set the speed at how fast or slow we want it to change and adapt. Then when we feel it is perfect we can set it to 0 and it wont change anymore.

For me this is a huge thing and a serious game changer. No chasing sliders, no having a bad day and having everything change. Now I can get it right where I want it Veteran ++ for pitching and All Star +++ for hitting or whatever and then set it so it will just stay there forever!!!!!

Dream come true, for me anyway.
I totally missed this. Like I said, need to watch it again to hear everything B Ma had to say.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #189
Banned

please someone put the stream on you tube !!!!

all i have is a ps vita -- no go for twitch.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Stream - Archive Available Now if You Missed It

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So you'll be sending the info to Knight as he suggested then I take it?
Already have, thanks
Old 02-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #191
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
please someone put the stream on you tube !!!!

all i have is a ps vita -- no go for twitch.
Already did it. Go to page 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #192
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
While everything does look better it still looks and feels like the exact same game I have been playing for years. Every year I get so hyped for this game and after I play 10-20 games it just starts to feel stale. Hopefully this year will be different but after watching this I already feel bored of it before even playing
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychraider32
I kinda feel you there but I also feel like this game is basically close to topping out. It's just a great all around game and aside from little details I don't know how much better they can make it. I will buy it regardless.
I understand the above two paragraphs. And I can also say the same to a certain extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Nothing will fix that. It is a baseball game made by San Diego Studios. Baseball doesn't change and they aren't going to rip out their core coding. 1) It doesn't make financial sense to and 2) it isn't broken. PS4 version of the game will be about refinement and subtle changes. Someone else will need to make a sim game to compete with this guys if you want a different feel. They still try and put forth a lot of effort year over year, so they aren't just sitting back while being the only game on the market.

If I owned a PS3, I'd probably feel the same way. Switching to a PS4 last year, I have a few years to grow tired of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
Is not Baseball repitition, my friend ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
You dudes are nuts if you think this game looks the same. Are you missing out on how it actually looks like a real game of baseball now? They may not have bumped the polycounts on the players or something, but god help me, that ain't all that matters.
I wouldn't go so far as to say dudes/dudettes that say this game looks 'the same' are nuts. Honestly, it's a valid statement because there are some truths behind it. Lighting wise, there is definite noticeable improvement when looking at the MLB14 and MLB15 images stacked side by side. Skin tone, facial details, and shadows has a more life like effect. The stadium looks beautiful (side note: the bleacher seat legs seems to be missing a shadow element).

Increase in polygons isn't going to help with animations. Personally, it has more to do with overall animations is why I may say the game looks the same. Albeit more animations have been captured and implemented as mentioned by the developers, keeping poor outfielder throwing animation (and various other animations that sticks out) unfortunately reminds me that improvements can still be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Please explain how baseball is supported to be diff? I don't get these posts, the show closely mimics real baseball better then any game, what else can it go? You want unicorns in the outfield?
If you look at the other baseball game (no ... the other one, the one from Japan; Professional Baseball Spirits) you'll see elements from that game, namely animations, that seems to fit how a real human moves, throws, run, and swing the bat better. Those who are hardcore, extremely hardcore, MLB The Show fan will still claim MLBtheShow as THE GAME. But if you are willing to examine both games to real baseball footage and how players move on the field, you'll see the Show still falls short in certain animation areas.

Note: I got back into video gaming because of MLBtheShow09. Bought the PS4 because it was the console that carries MLB the Show. But there are still plenty of improvements, predominantly animations, that I would like to see.

Quote:
it has changed drastically since 08 and how can baseball play any different?? Also last gen was the first jump to HD, we wont ever see that type of leap again. Graphics can only go so far.

Waiting for someone to explain how baseball is supposed to look/play any different....The show already is closer then any sports game to how it's real life counterpart platys...wtf do you people expect?
Baseball is not suppose to look or play any different. But "how" it is executed can drastically change the way the game feels, plays and looks.

The classic argument for any sports game is that the fundamental of the sport doesn't change. You pitch the ball, you hit the ball, you field the ball, etc. Of course it's going to look the same. But the important thing is "how" it is executed.

Have a 5 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old, 20 year old, 25 year old run down the line from home plate to first base for a single; from home plate to second base for a double; from home plate to third base for a triple; from home plate around the bases for an inside the park home run. The concept is still the same but the way each of these individuals "run" (or get animated in a game) will drastically differ from one another. All of this extends to other "animations" in the field of play.

I would like to see improvements in outfielder and infielder animations. I would like the development team to remove poor animations rather than keep them in the game.

There are still poor and awkward outfield and infield throwing animations that are visible in the stream. They simply stick out and throws the whole "life like" immersion out of the window.

Quote:
... how can it PLAy or be drastically different to people who said it looks the same Its baseball baseball plays like baseball, herp derp.
There are coaches to teach a ball player the mechanics of swinging, pitching etc. An 18 year old can throw the ball to home plate and strike out a batter. But if the 18 year old can learn how to effectively pitch the ball to home plate by tweaking his mechanics, it'll be more effective.

The same goes with the animations in the game. Baseball is the same and will always fundamentally be the same game. Why do you think the development team motion captures brand new animations yearly?

My first impression of the stream was that the outfielder throwing animation still has that awkward look to it.

My biggest concern with the motion capture sessions is the lack of the "in-game adrenaline effort" that happens on the field during a real baseball game.

I also doubt the development team has a real baseball field devoted specifically for motion capture. Attempting to throw a runner out at home or to the cut off man is completely different during a suited up motion capture session with limited space versus what happens during a real baseball game when the outfielder is 390 yards from home plate. There is "in game adrenaline effort" that is clearly visible during a real baseball game that is absent during a motion capture session in a confined space.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 02-05-2015 at 09:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »