Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #33
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Face scans are always a year behind. Do his face would have had to be scanned during last year's spring training.
I don't get this though, because last year Wil Myers had his face scanned in the game, even though he didn't come up to the majors until mid 2013.

Then in the stream on Thursday, Gregory Polanco had his face scanned in the game, even though he didn't come up to the majors until mid 2014.

So either some rookies get their scan done even when they aren't in the MLB yet, which if that's the case then why not include their face scan in a roster update when they make their debut? Or there are some exceptions made and a few face scans are done for some of the majors rookies during the season.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #34
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I don't get this though, because last year Wil Myers had his face scanned in the game, even though he didn't come up to the majors until mid 2013.

Then in the stream on Thursday, Gregory Polanco had his face scanned in the game, even though he didn't come up to the majors until mid 2014.

So either some rookies get their scan done even when they aren't in the MLB yet, which if that's the case then why not include their face scan in a roster update when they make their debut? Or there are some exceptions made and a few face scans are done for some of the majors rookies during the season.
They mentioned in the last stream that some minor league players get their faces scanned even though they're not eligible to be put in the game yet. I wish they'd include their scans when they make their debuts as well.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did you scan Panik's face?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #36
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Did you scan Panik's face?

I was wondering this as well! Was hoping Panik, Strickland, and Susac would for sure get scanned then also hope Duffy and Duvall got there's done as well. I was disappointed during the stream where he was using the Giants..they simmed the game right before Panik got to bat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #37
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I was wondering this as well! Was hoping Panik, Strickland, and Susac would for sure get scanned then also hope Duffy and Duvall got there's done as well. I was disappointed during the stream where he was using the Giants..they simmed the game right before Panik got to bat

Players only get scanned if they agree to do the scan and show up when SCEA is at the facility. Scans are usually done during Spring Training and believe it or not some players don't show up to do the scans (It's not mandatory). That's why guys like Trout and Machado didn't have scans in 14. Hopefully the guys you mentioned got them. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #38
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Players only get scanned if they agree to do the scan and show up when SCEA is at the facility. Scans are usually done during Spring Training and believe it or not some players don't show up to do the scans (It's not mandatory). That's why guys like Trout and Machado didn't have scans in 14. Hopefully the guys you mentioned got them. We'll find out soon enough.

Man I find it crazy that someone wouldn't want their face scanned in a game. A lot of people's dream is to make it to the big times and also get into a video game. Why wouldn't you want to get scanned in? But yeah hopefully they did! If not I hope they created them to look pretty close to how they actually look.

Does anyone know if Poseys player is a face scanned player or if they just created him?

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Man I find it crazy that someone wouldn't want their face scanned in a game. A lot of people's dream is to make it to the big times and also get into a video game. Why wouldn't you want to get scanned in? But yeah hopefully they did! If not I hope they created them to look pretty close to how they actually look.

Does anyone know if Poseys player is a face scanned player or if they just created him?

He was a pretty big part of the marketing a few years back so they must have scanned him then. In my opinion, he's never looked quite right.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #40
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
He was a pretty big part of the marketing a few years back so they must have scanned him then. In my opinion, he's never looked quite right.

Agreed that's why I asked. I know he's been in a lot of commercials and such like you stated so you would figure he would be scanned in...but yea he's never looked totally right to me

Last edited by RLebron12; 02-22-2015 at 06:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »