Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:53 AM   #49
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
He had a beard when the did his facial scan. He was still with the Angels when they did his scan for 14.

He didn't have a beard spring training 2013 if that's when your implying they did his facial scan. I just checked on gettyimages.

Besides, SCEA said they hand draw beards, so that means they chose to give him that beard, and chose to give all those terrible unneeded beards on many players.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:19 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Yea he looks much better in the scan, the picture to the left totally reminds me of young Posey when he first entered MLB or even when he played for the Grizzlies. I wonder why he doesn't look as good in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be player model limitations. universal dimensions for certain attributes. Ex. IRL Posey's neck/chin is shorter (condensed?) and it's more generic on the MLB 14 model.

Last edited by Jimmydm90; 02-24-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Yea he looks much better in the scan, the picture to the left totally reminds me of young Posey when he first entered MLB or even when he played for the Grizzlies. I wonder why he doesn't look as good in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you think the turf in Madden looks bad? I totally disagree. The Show has had bad rendering of turf for awhile no! No excuse for it to look like a green mat,especially on the PS4! I think Maddens turf is very good. It looks horrible when you slide for a catch it looks like a green mat and you see blades of grass coming up from it! On Madden you can see 3D rendering of the grass! It looks like real turf. It's not perfect but it's close to it! At least in my opinion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #52
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Before I used to think the splotches in the grass were cool and brought the field that extra grit and realistic tone to it, until I paid more close attention to MLB ballparks and noticed they don't really have them. Madden doesn't feature them, either. These days, I wish the splotches went away.

And Hoz, I'm not sure what showing that shot really does for his complaint. The grass patterns have more contrast, but otherwise you're just showing a beautiful shot of nice lighting and a great looking stadium. I think a more close-up shot of both games would have been better to debunk whatever rant he was going on about. I don't even know if his complaint is legitimate or not; I have not played either game on my PS4 before.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #53
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Before I used to think the splotches in the grass were cool and brought the field that extra grit and realistic tone to it, until I paid more close attention to MLB ballparks and noticed they don't really have them. Madden doesn't feature them, either. These days, I wish the splotches went away.

And Hoz, I'm not sure what showing that shot really does for his complaint. The grass patterns have more contrast, but otherwise you're just showing a beautiful shot of nice lighting and a great looking stadium. I think a more close-up shot of both games would have been better to debunk whatever rant he was going on about. I don't even know if his complaint is legitimate or not; I have not played either game on my PS4 before.
You're right that it would be best to compare them when both are close up, but it doesn't sound like that's what the other poster was doing either (based on the shots we have of 15 so far).

I think the point of Hoz's post was to show that, in views that we've had of The Show 15 so far (I don't believe we have any zoomed shots where grass is the focus) as well as the views you are going to see the most in these games (i.e. not ultra zoomed in), the notion that Madden's 3D grass is so far ahead doesn't hold up (or, at best, would be based on an unfair comparison).
Old 02-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #54
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
So you think the turf in Madden looks bad? I totally disagree. The Show has had bad rendering of turf for awhile no! No excuse for it to look like a green mat,especially on the PS4! I think Maddens turf is very good. It looks horrible when you slide for a catch it looks like a green mat and you see blades of grass coming up from it! On Madden you can see 3D rendering of the grass! It looks like real turf. It's not perfect but it's close to it! At least in my opinion!
I think The Show is a much better looking game. Plus when I'm in the heat of a game, I am not paying a whole lot of attention to the look of my surroundings anyway. When it is tied 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth with two outs and the bases loaded, they could have a big pink hand flipping the bird painted in the outfield and I'd never notice it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-24-2015, 01:40 PM   #55
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

From playing cameras both MLB and Madden look like a green mat. Madden has 1 playable camera angle now that i believe you can see 3d grass. And barely anyone uses that one.

Replay of Madden 15

Replay of MLB 14

Are you telling me you cant see 3D grass in MLB?

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 02-24-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #56
Rookie

An even better comparison between the two would be Oakland A's(the show 14)vs Oakland Raiders (madden 15)please someone upload that you will see the show grass and stadium go show!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »