Home

Stadium Atmosphere

This is a discussion on Stadium Atmosphere within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Stadium Atmosphere

Did the devs mention if it's possible to have like a playoff atmosphere for the game if you played a play now game in October (Or even in September possibly)... so you dont have to actually play the actual postseason mode if you didn't want to. (Like if you were just in the mood for one game, but wanted to have high crowd activity).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stadium Atmosphere

Maybe they could just make it so you can edit the number of rounds and and games per series in Postseason Mode. Set both to '1' and there you go. A toggle at select stadium screen for 'postseason atmosphere' would be fine too.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
A toggle at select stadium screen for 'postseason atmosphere' would be fine too.
^^^^^^ yup
Old 03-14-2015, 02:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

I think they should just implement a rivalry mode kinda like the old college football video games. Say the yanks vs mets play in franchise mode (subway series) , just have the crowd amped up more and maybe have different presentation/commentary/cut scenes for those rivalries, it would be nice to have it in exhibition mode also.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman9
I think they should just implement a rivalry mode kinda like the old college football video games. Say the yanks vs mets play in franchise mode (subway series) , just have the crowd amped up more and maybe have different presentation/commentary/cut scenes for those rivalries, it would be nice to have it in exhibition mode also.
They had a rivalry mode, but SCEA's data shown it wasn't used enough to warrant it remain in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
They had a rivalry mode, but SCEA's data shown it wasn't used enough to warrant it remain in the game.
Not directed at you but this is why I hate this gen and last gen of gaming. Where do they get this data? Do they take into account the massive amounts of people that play the mode offline? How many houses of brothers, fathers and sons, roommates and gamers without internet? People who love baseball games but dont post feelings about it in online forums? I wouldn't bother with this game online after 10 years its still unplayable.

I dont even sign in when I play the show. I'm sure they have good reasons but a domes roof cannot close for 3 generations of games, 10 years and I cant pause the game go into a menu and open/close the roof but data shows nobody plays rivalry mode? Data shows everyone wants the freaking roofs to close.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I loved rivalry mode and really wish it would come back someday soon!
Old 03-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
Not directed at you but this is why I hate this gen and last gen of gaming. Where do they get this data? Do they take into account the massive amounts of people that play the mode offline? How many houses of brothers, fathers and sons, roommates and gamers without internet? People who love baseball games but dont post feelings about it in online forums? I wouldn't bother with this game online after 10 years its still unplayable.

I dont even sign in when I play the show. I'm sure they have good reasons but a domes roof cannot close for 3 generations of games, 10 years and I cant pause the game go into a menu and open/close the roof but data shows nobody plays rivalry mode? Data shows everyone wants the freaking roofs to close.
Even if you played it offline, the data was still sent to SCEA. They get ALL KINDS of data on what's being played, how often, how it's being played, etc... On the other point of the roofs, that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT story. That takes major stadium dev time and major space in memory that just isn't there.

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 03-14-2015 at 03:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »