Home

While Waiting For OSFM

This is a discussion on While Waiting For OSFM within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
While Waiting For OSFM

This is going to be the first year I dive into the OSFM. I know it takes about a month after release for the OSFM to come out and I'd like to wait for that before I start my RTTS and Franchise.

So my question is, for those who use OSFM, what do you do during the wait?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #2
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: While Waiting For OSFM

Obviously, I play a lot of exhibition games.

Aside from that I'll try starting a RTTS. Maybe this year I'll try out DD while I wait as well. Typically, I only lpay exhibition games and Franchise mode though. Sometimes I can't wait and start a Franchise before OSFM anyway. It's nice to just be able to edit the fake players to your liking and not have to worry about them looking like real life counterparts too.

The graphics do look REALLY good this year too. So I might waste more time playing exhibition games than normal. Especially since we can change the month and play 11am games now. It'll be fun to look at all the differences in lighting based on the time of year and day
Old 03-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #3
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I was just planning on playing a bunch of quick games, but then it occured to me, i might as well just carry over my RTTS from 14 while i wait for OSFM and then start my new RTTS.

I wasn't planning on using the carry over feature, but it worked out.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:36 AM   #4
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Its normally the time i play with a lot of the other teams and also find and tweak a slider set i will use in franchise.

But with y2y save will probably mess around with my 14 franchise,at this stage i think i will start a new franchise in 15 but it's not set in stone.will wait and see.

I will continue my rtts as its not a mode i play a lot so never get that far into a career but a few days ago got called upto the yankees to paly at 2nd,just after the allstar game.First time making it to "the show" in rtts.

Will also give DD a go for the 1st time,i don't play many games in these modes(mut,fut) but i like collecting the cards and making teams and its good i don't need to play the mode too collect players.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:45 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Something just dawned on me... you can use cloud saves. Is there a reason why we can't save an existing updated OSFM offseason roster to the cloud, then pull it down in 15?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I will definitely check out OSFM for franchise when the time comes. But for RttS, I'll likely do a lot of roster editing myself as soon as the game comes out. At least get each teams top 5 or 10 minor league prospects in the game. That will be quite time consuming to do myself, 150+ players to edit.

But MLB Pipeline will make it easier, just sit with my laptop next to me and get the names, ages, and physical specs like height, weight, skin color set. Then get the basics of each player's skills and potential set approximately where they should be, I'm not going to spend time tweaking every single little rating perfectly. Just going to quickly ballpark them. I suppose it will take a couple minutes per player, so it will take me a couple days of steady effort to get a couple hundred players edited (depending if I take a couple days off work!). Then start my RttS.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #7

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I usually start a franchise and create the top prospects of my team, and the top 100 prospects according to MLB Pipeline as I go. Then when OSFM comes out, I update the players stats. I base the ratings off the last updated version of OSFM released. I am too impatient too wait.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Something just dawned on me... you can use cloud saves. Is there a reason why we can't save an existing updated OSFM offseason roster to the cloud, then pull it down in 15?
I believe someone from the game said no to previous OSFM rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »