Home

Not impressed with the Personalized animations....

This is a discussion on Not impressed with the Personalized animations.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not impressed with the Personalized animations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
You have to have a great game before you worry about things like personalized animations. I get so frustrated seeing people complain that captain patches aren't in the right spot or there is no Nike logos in the game, stuff like that. Some people seem more worried about that stuff instead of playing a great game. I would much rather have a great playing game then worry about if they have the most up to date all-star uniform.
Yes, like the guy that said that the Yankees numbers are in the right spot, I'm not buying the game this year. Like really something that minimal will make you not buy a game. And as others have said you need to have a great game in all aspects before worrying about personalized animations. And with this it means working with online. I don't know the issues because I don't play online. Or working on making a better franchise and career mode. This could be adding career stats, giving RTTS a more lifelike approach. This could be adding in actual coach interactions like in 2K, press conferences after games or an interview with a commentator after the game. And then after you have perfected things like this worry about where numbers on a jersey should be correctly, and personalized walk-ups.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #18
MVP

Ghost Of The Year, gravey on the cake? Frosting! Lol, I can't stop laughing!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #19
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

It is a video game bro that has limitations. You want real emotion watch a real game. Also I don't know If emotion is real different from the show15 and real life lol. Most players do the same thing as others players. I only remember Bonds snag grabbing a ball. And even the Show has that now.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #20
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

If it is bacon gravy I will take it on cake.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

What I wanna know is where the heck can I buy this time machine everyone is using...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #22
Banned

jergiants's Arena

The reason you haven't seen a lot of special animations is because in all the streams they were playing on fast play. They said it themselves during the streams that you will see a lot more personal animations and emotion animations if you're playing in broadcast, not fast play. Maybe pay attention next time before you come on here crying.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
If this is true, then you need to understand that there are only so many hours available in a development cycle and it is impossible to do everything in one year. SCEA (like any other software development shop) must prioritize which new features they think they can deliver (preferably bug free) and which new features must remain on the wish list for future titles. If SCEA had only given us a roster update in 2015, then I am sure there would be plenty of people saying "the game is a joke". But this is not the case. While still far from perfect, the 2015 PS4 version of "MLB The Show" will be the best baseball game ever delivered to the masses thanks to the efforts of SCEA and hopefully many many new features (perhaps more personalized player animations) will find their way into the 2016 iteration. I seriously don't know why anyone could say with a straight face that "MLB The Show" is a joke.

PS: I'm historically not even a Baseball person, but "MLB The Show" has made me appreciate the game so much more since I've been playing it.

After the release of MLB 15 does SCEA start right away on MLB 16? Does it take a whole year to make this game? If so, I've got mad respect for the developers. That's commitment!
Old 03-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #24
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan17
After the release of MLB 15 does SCEA start right away on MLB 16? Does it take a whole year to make this game? If so, I've got mad respect for the developers. That's commitment!
from my understanding they do a couple of patches, stand by for any major issues and then take a short vacation and start right away on the next iteration. They dont have much down time between support for the new release and the production for next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »