Home

Did they fix injuries in the game this year?

This is a discussion on Did they fix injuries in the game this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:03 PM   #17
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Did they fix injuries in the game this year?

Now that I think of it, wasn't there a difference in online and offline franchises with injuries? I play offline franchises so maybe that is what the question is about? IrishSalsa, did you play online franchises? Also, your name reminds me of a restaurant that used to be around here called Carlos O'Kellys.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I found the injury slider at 7 gave me highly realistic results for both positional and pitchers.

I have never had an issue with realistic injuries on The Show. What I do hope for in the future is rehab assignments, and injury effects on season and career performance.

I would love to see rehab assignments added in, and have injuries effect on season and career performance. Could make it somewhat random, as you do see guys come back from major injuries and do fine, then you have a guy like Votto, who had a relatively minor knee surgery in 12, and he hasn't been right since, although Im hoping this yr he is back to his old self.

The devs have this game so good now that Im hoping they are able not with the more powerful console that they are able to really added depth to the franchise mode with some of this stuff.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #19
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

It's not broken, I simmed portions of seasons and played out games and to cut the story short, injury slider at 10 is a very satisfying setting in terms of PA's and ABs over the season per player. That's how you fix injury frequency issues if you're not seeing enough.

It's still an incomplete system in terms of player injury model, and rehabilitation etc which I'm disappointed they've not made advancement in yet. However to give you an example, in my second spring training game with the Yankees recently, Alfonso Soriano was hit in the back of the head by a fly ball in Left Field (no kidding intended) and after the play he was taken off the field. Now he won't be back for at least two weeks with a head contusion issue. That's on injury slider at 10.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 03-26-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:34 AM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
It's not broken, I simmed portions of seasons and played out games and to cut the story short, injury slider at 10 is a very satisfying setting in terms of PA's and ABs over the season per player. That's how you fix injury frequency issues if you're not seeing enough.

It's still an incomplete system in terms of player injury model, and rehabilitation etc which I'm disappointed they've not made advancement in yet. However to give you an example, in my second spring training game with the Yankees recently, Alfonso Soriano was hit in the back of the head by a fly ball in Left Field (no kidding intended) and after the play he was taken off the field. Now he won't be back for at least two weeks with a head contusion issue. That's on injury slider at 10.
Ok that's all fine and dandy, however leaving it at 10 for simmed games is not a good idea. You'll see a ton of injuries, esp in the minors. That's where it's "broken".

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 03-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #21
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I shouldn't have to have two different settings for played vs simmed games. I'll prolly just do my manual injury system anyway but was just curious if the injuries were fixed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #22
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

What is your process for manual injuries ???
Old 03-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #23
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Ok that's all fine and dandy, however leaving it at 10 for simmed games is not a good idea. You'll see a ton of injuries, esp in the minors. That's where it's "broken".
There are a ton of players majors and minors combined, I would expect to see a ton of injuries throughout the season. I noted the serious injuries, and per team there were not an excessive amount of season ending injuries for my taste. I tested enough to be satisfied with the slider at 10.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 03-27-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
What is your process for manual injuries ???
Inbox me and I can explain it. Another guy in here used it and had fun with it too. Also helped me come up with other ideas to add to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »