Home

Did they fix injuries in the game this year?

This is a discussion on Did they fix injuries in the game this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Did they fix injuries in the game this year?

As we all know, the injury slider affects simmed games far more than in played games. You rarely see an injury in game, but a TON if you sim games. And if you do see one in a game you play they are always "hamstrings" according to the announce crew.

I'd like to be able to play a bunch of games and have a fair amount of Injuries compared to what the cpu gets during simulated games. Last year I came up with a system to manually injure random players but would be cool if the injury system is much more realistic this year.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 03-29-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Did they fix injuries in the game this year?

No one knows?

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 03-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Are you sure it was broken. Last year my buddy and I were seeing none, so we raised it and low and behold half his team gets hit by the injury bug withing 2 weeks of games.

― Plato
Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

In years passed I moved the injury slider up one and have always seen more injuries than on default. And I play every game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
As we all know, the injury slider only affects simmed games. You rarely see an injury in game. And if you do they are always "hamstrings" according to the announce crew.

I'd like to be able to play a bunch of games and have a fair amount of Injuries compared to what the cpu gets during simulated games. Last year I came up with a system to manually injure random players but would be cool if the injury system is much more realistic this year.
My experience couldn't be further from yours. I like having to test my depth and minor leagues, so I usually up the injury slider a point or two. I would get a player injured pretty regularly, sometimes the announcers would say it was relatively minor, but other times they said something like "this doesn't look good, he could miss significant time" or something like that. I've found myself lowering it back down to default and I've been seeing far less.

On a side note, my one gripe with injuries, from my experience, is that 98% of the injuries my team has experienced has been position players. Very rarely does a pitcher of mine get injured.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
My experience couldn't be further from yours. I like having to test my depth and minor leagues, so I usually up the injury slider a point or two. I would get a player injured pretty regularly, sometimes the announcers would say it was relatively minor, but other times they said something like "this doesn't look good, he could miss significant time" or something like that. I've found myself lowering it back down to default and I've been seeing far less.

On a side note, my one gripe with injuries, from my experience, is that 98% of the injuries my team has experienced has been position players. Very rarely does a pitcher of mine get injured.
What I have noticed, and this could be a complete coincidence, is that when I have injuries set to default, 7 or 8 times out of 10, when an injury occurs it is something serious that will have a player missing a lot of time. But when I have the injury slider up a point, the injuries are more times than not, things like pulled or strained muscles, ankle sprains, etc that will have the players day to day or missing a week or so. Occasionally I will have a significant injury, but it's mostly small stuff.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

It was my experience that injuries happened to my team way more if I simulated games. But that isn't to say I never saw one in a user controlled game. But the ratio was a lot different. Just look at the number of injuries your minor leagues go through if you are simming those games.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

From what I remember.....it is different...but the slider does effect both simmed and played games.

I used a different injury slider set for simming my games and playing them.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »