Home

Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition

This is a discussion on Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:06 AM   #153
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official uniform errors and omissions 2015 edition

I'd pay $90 if the game had a uniform editor that we could use in Franchise.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:36 AM   #154
Rookie

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the mariners blue is not dark enough. It's more of a Yankee and Detroit darker shade of blue. Especially noticeable on their helmet, cap and alternate road jersey.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #155
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp2243
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the mariners blue is not dark enough. It's more of a Yankee and Detroit darker shade of blue. Especially noticeable on their helmet, cap and alternate road jersey.
Their teal/turqoise whatever color alternates (they call it Northwest Green), is also way too dark.

Don't have a picture right now, but it's similar to how the Blue Jays blue used to be waaay too dark, it was like a Navy blue when it real life it was more royal blue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #156
MVP

Hope I'm not too late to this party. The Marlins have several errors that I'd bet my house was not a style guide issue...

The home BP cap is a completely made up cap that has never once existed. They have it as an all white crown with a black brim, it should be black with a white front panel like the Orioles home caps. Not sure where the cap in the game came from, that's never even been worn.
The BP jerseys have the logo colored wrong, the Marlin fish on the M is two parts the top part is blue the bottom is orange, it should be reversed from that.
The four Miami Marlins jerseys all have the neck piping way too thick, it should be the same thickness as the sleeve piping, for some reason it appears double that thickness in the game.
The black road alt jersey has the wrong trim on the lettering, there should be a black trim after the first white trim.
There's several issues with the throwbacks including helmets that never once existed but I won't get into all the errors with those just yet. I will point out the strange exclusion of the 1993 road caps which were teal with a black brim, not the all teal that's in the game.
There's also issues with the shade of orange used for the Marlins in every asset of the game including menus. The Marlins use the most reddish orange in all of MLB, the game has them with a light shade similar to American cheese. I'm not too worried about that but it's an error nonetheless.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #157
Rookie

beedl001's Arena

OVR: 3
Matte Helmets

How difficult would it be to patch in matte helmets for the Dbacks and Pirates? Is there anyone else using these? I know they won't do it but I have read how big these uniform files are and I was curious if it could be done. Is the material that makes the helmet a style guide issue or a choice?

I have played this game for 10 years so I must enjoy it but I will always be perplexed at the decision to not add all current uniforms (Seattle and SF). I can't imagine Madden and NBA stating we can but we aren't putting this year's new jerseys in the game.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #158
MVP

As much as I do enjoy the throwbacks would it be horrible to say that I'd rather have every correct uniform and combination than have any throwbacks? Because I've heard the devs say about having only a certain amount of uni slots which the throwbacks take four slots up. So would anyone rather have zero throwbacks and 100% correct current uniforms or leave it with the throwbacks at the expense of losing some current uniforms.

I'm not a Brewers fan but I'd imagine some one would rather have all six (or is it 7?) of their uniforms. Also a team like Texas and Houston who wear their home whites with different caps and then change the undershirt and socks would hopefully be better represented as well.

Or maybe just remove one pair of throwbacks would help tremendously. Three pairs of current uniforms with one pair of throwbacks would be better than the two and two we have now.

Thoughts?
Old 05-13-2015, 10:36 PM   #159
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
As much as I do enjoy the throwbacks would it be horrible to say that I'd rather have every correct uniform and combination than have any throwbacks? Because I've heard the devs say about having only a certain amount of uni slots which the throwbacks take four slots up. So would anyone rather have zero throwbacks and 100% correct current uniforms or leave it with the throwbacks at the expense of losing some current uniforms.

I'm not a Brewers fan but I'd imagine some one would rather have all six (or is it 7?) of their uniforms. Also a team like Texas and Houston who wear their home whites with different caps and then change the undershirt and socks would hopefully be better represented as well.

Or maybe just remove one pair of throwbacks would help tremendously. Three pairs of current uniforms with one pair of throwbacks would be better than the two and two we have now.

Thoughts?
I think it mind boggling to leave out a current uniform in favor of a throwback uniform. I've said many times, it's MLB 15 the show. Not MLB 1975 the show. The current product should be represented before adding throwbacks. Throwbacks should be put in whatever spots are remaining after the current uniforms. But there are a lot of players who only play with classic rosters that get angry at the notion of putting less throwbacks in.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 05-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #160
Just started!

When the Nats wear their red jerseys on the road, they still wear their blue batting helmets. But in The Show they always wear red batting helmets with their red jersey no matter if they are home or away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »