Home

PS Vita version of MLB 2015.

This is a discussion on PS Vita version of MLB 2015. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #41
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PS Vita version of MLB 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemss316
...Also, make sure under settings, there's a power saving selection that has something to the effect of "disable power settings via Wi-Fi" or something like that. Make sure that is disabled, as when its on, it keeps the wi-fi in a low powered state which leads to signal being a lot weaker.
I think that this change alone has improved my connection 100% since it may also cause interference between the Vita and PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0

New to the Vita, New to The Show and new to the forums. As someone who hasn't played a baseball game in several years, I'm in awe of how well this game represents the real sport. The fact that its portable as well is incredible. Coming in fresh, I don't know what I'm missing from either last year or the console version.

Having said that, I am thrilled with my purchase...and it was only $20! My two critiques would be the lack of any form of tutorial, its been a challenge learning all the ins and outs and the different control schemes.

Also, I find the fast game pace jarring....as mentioned, no walk ups or really any cutscenes makes it feel like a heavily edited version of a real baseball game. I see both pros and cons to this approach but ultimately I feel a bit rushed.

I do really appreciate the Road to the Show feature and glad to see its in the Vita version....basically Baseball RPG. Not sure how much time I'll have to play it outside my franchise but I do think its a great feature.

All in all, love the game and still in awe what the Vita can do.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 8

Gotta say, love the Vita version. So nice to see Chipmunk heads are gone. Walkups will be missed, but the game plays quickly and realistically, which is all that I really need. LOVE IT! Please bring it back next year SCEA!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #44
Rookie

Doesn't have the updated dimensions for Citi field. That blows..
Old 04-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #45
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Was able to play 5 innings during my lunch break. Random matchup of White Sox (CPU) at Pirates. Used Dynamic Difficulty for hitting/pitching with Directional/Timing and Classic as my setups.

Man, the CPU jumped all over Liriano. I was down 8-0 but managed to cut the deficit in half before having to put the Vita in rest mode.

The game's not going to be a monumental leap forward, but there are some nice improvements here. You can import your MLB 14 saves to the Vita, which is awesome (thought you had to do all that through the PS4).

Graphics have been cleaned up a bit from last year. As Blzer said, grass seems to have more texture to it this year. Lighting/shadows also seem improved.

The lack of walk-ups is a crushing blow. You'll know who's batting for your team but it's going to be a challenge knowing who is up at all times for the CPU ... unless you're one of those crazy people that memorizes everyone's batting stance.

Dynamic camera is 1000x smoother than it was last year. I'm going to use that for both batting and fielding this year.

That's all I've got so far. For $20, it's definitely worth adding to your Vita library, imo.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #46
Just started!

does this vita version have "The show live"?

I recall trying remote play with MLB 14 and even with direct connection the slight input lag had me spraying everything opposite field because I would be late on timing. thanks for posting tips on how to eliminate remote play lag, i'll have to check out the power save setting.

if the vita version has the show live I'll probably just pick up the vita version, can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #47
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypootons
does this vita version have "The show live"?

I recall trying remote play with MLB 14 and even with direct connection the slight input lag had me spraying everything opposite field because I would be late on timing. thanks for posting tips on how to eliminate remote play lag, i'll have to check out the power save setting.

if the vita version has the show live I'll probably just pick up the vita version, can anyone confirm this?
Yes it does.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #48
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The Vita version indeed has The Show Live.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »