Home

Contract editing issue...

This is a discussion on Contract editing issue... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Contract editing issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntait1
I already posted this on another thread, but I was wondering on if making player contracts proportional to the in game budget would work? What I mean is real life player salary*in game team budget/real life team budget. That way all the teams would still have a budget that adds up to the in game one, but the players would have a contract value that is proportional to real life, so players who are on team friendly contracts would still have them(relatively) in game and teams would still try to get rid of "bad" contracts(relative to the other values of contracts in the game).

If someone would be willing to try this for OSFM and Hybrid it'd be much appreciated.
There's a post where tabernes or someone modified certain contracts to simulate this. It should be percentage based, or at least relatively comparable, so......for example, Ryan Howard's ratings are lower and the system gives him a somewhat lower salary than actual, I'll increase these to at least be the among the highest on his individual team so that it's at least comparatively a burden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #26
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

I started a Cardinals franchise and simmed to the offseason to see how everything worked. No matter what type of contract I offered to Jason Heyward, I would get a message the next day that the Cardinals could not afford his contract and the offer was withdrawn. I had 60 million in available budget, and even offering 1 year at 8 million would say I couldn't afford him. I don't do 30 team control, so it looks like I won't be unable to re-sign him after this year.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
I started a Cardinals franchise and simmed to the offseason to see how everything worked. No matter what type of contract I offered to Jason Heyward, I would get a message the next day that the Cardinals could not afford his contract and the offer was withdrawn. I had 60 million in available budget, and even offering 1 year at 8 million would say I couldn't afford him. I don't do 30 team control, so it looks like I won't be unable to re-sign him after this year.
It's the steps needed to complete the offseason. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...offseason.html
Old 04-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #28
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
It's the steps needed to complete the offseason. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...offseason.html
I never knew that about the 40 man. Answers a few questions I've had in the past too.

I've had that same thing "you cannot offer a contract to him", when I have twice as much budget room as his yearly salary would be, taking everything into account.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #29
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Thank you. This is the first time I've bought the game since 2012, so a lot of things have changed since then.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
The problem with that is after season 1 the cpu is going to sign players at the rate/formula that it has developed.

I want realistic contracts as much as the next guy, but the impact on trade logic alone is not worth it to me.

I'm going to edit years and some of the bad contracts in baseball and that's it.
Could you explain how this would be a problem? All the contracts using my idea would add up to the in game budget right? So the CPU signing at the in game formula would still fit in the budget, since the budget with the edited contracts would be the same as the original in game one, just that some players have relatively higher contracts and some have relatively lower ones than the original SCEA ones.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #31
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

The problem is the ratio would not continue past year one. Let's say you give a player a 10 million contract. In the offseason that same player would be signed by the cpu at 6 million.

That affects the trade logic because the system sees the 10 million player as a 6 million player and the value is greatly reduced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

They should just let you edit each teams budget. The 2k series did this for one year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »