Home

Is batting harder or is it just me?

This is a discussion on Is batting harder or is it just me? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is batting harder or is it just me?

I feel like the pitch speed is slower, I'm way out in front of everything even fastballs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #26
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Please try this people, just so I know I am not going crazy.

Use Posey vs Vargas.

Hit using x or o but do this...

Hit, then choose a direction.

I just silvered it with my best batting session, it included grounding hard into a double play. But I was hitting gaps more than I have ever done in this years title.

Press the button then push the L stick, I would choose to push it into the path of the ball. So if he swung a pitch into me I would press x then push the stick right

Think of old tiger woods games where they had aftertouch.

Not saying 1125 is wonderful, just saying the first time I try it this way I bat the best I have in this title.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (617.2 KB, 372 views)
Old 04-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #27
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Also if you want to practice without the wacky change of pitches create a pitcher and make a 2 or 4 seam his best pitch and then nothing in the rest. Then select him as the practice pitcher. This is how you can practice against certain pitch types.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #28
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

^ cool tip. Never thought of that. I don't see myself practicing though, I'd rather play full games.

Doing so, I've almost lost my habits from 14 and slowly acclimating to mlb15 htiting.
No doubt the offspeed stuff is way slower and has more movement. Once I recognize the pitch, I simply stay back and then let it rip.
Good success so far.

This is a two-way street, batting is toned down but pitching seems stronger. So when pitching, it's much easier to strike batters out now.

Last edited by DarkArrow; 04-02-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #29
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Yep what you said. It feels almost like that madden year they went all defense, ravens cover?

Just put up a 1270, was sitting on 1370 and popped one out to 2nd my last at bat. Its sort of ungainly to swing and point the stick. But the results are better for me at least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (629.1 KB, 372 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 12:54 AM   #30
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

oh man i thought it was me lol! but yea idk what it is but in this game its like i keep swinging early each and every time on 14 i was leading the league in rbis and this was on all star but now i only hit two rbis in 3 weeks and im still swinging early each time

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 04-03-2015, 01:20 AM   #31
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFord
Does anybody feel like hitting is more difficult this year?

I carried my MLB 14 RTTS save across yesterday and continued on from roughly halfway through my first full season as an MLB starting SS for the Mariners. My overall has grown enormously this season, from 76 or something to 89 and I'd previously been playing with TNK's 2014 sliders. My batting average was bouncing around between .280 and .295 for the month or so before MLB 15 came out, which seemed to be a direct result of the fact that I'd hit my skill ceiling and Dynamic difficulty was ebbing back and forth between All-Star and All-Star plus. I should mention I use zone hitting too.

Continuing on from my save on MLB 15 my average is down to .266 and apart from a six game streak last night I've been totally inconsistent and at times embarrassingly bad.

I really don't want to put the difficulty down, and I really enjoyed the balance I found last year! But I'm struggling.

I thought after my 1st couple games it was actually easier, but now I do think it might be harder. The late break on pitches can really fool you.Hard for me to tell if its easier or harder anyway, since I have struggled to hit anyway the last few years. Probably should play dynamic with all the pain meds Im on but just cant bring myself to do even try it out. Might end up having to try it out, just always been afraid stats wouldn't be realistic with it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 02:42 AM   #32
MVP

Syce's Arena

the pitch that completely fools me right now is the changeup, i just can never get proper reads on it and i early swing all the time against it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »