Home

Braves Fans Support Group... Now What?

This is a discussion on Braves Fans Support Group... Now What? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #33
Rookie

Nate.Walton1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Braves Fans Support Group... Now What?

What's REALLY funny, is that I made a franchise of the Braves, and decided to make some 'win now' trades. The last of which was trading away Kimbrel and Upton - can't remember who I traded for exactly. I'll get on tonight and see if I can get a summary of all the moves I made. (28 is the oldest player I'll trade for, as I'm deathly afraid of regression) I do know I got Josh Donaldson at 3rd. Yan Gomes catching. Jose Altuve at 2nd. George Springer at RF.
I simmed about 5 weeks in just to see how they'd do. 35-7, with an 11 game lead over the Marlins in second place. Not bad at all!!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #34
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey, at least the off season will be fun with the huge amount of money. No Uggla, BJ or Kimbrel. Could be a quick rebuild
Old 04-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #35
Rookie

loonsluv's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm planning on brining up some young fresh talent and letting them struggle big league style. Soon as I get the game that is. I'm literally "Hart" broken right now but hopefully the Braves will prevail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #36
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

As a braves fan since I could say oh oh oooooh ohhhhh... I'm so hurt by this move... I get it but the pain still burns! The games at Turner wont be the same... It gives me chills to think about how the stadium would be electric when Craig came in... Yes I called him Craig he felt like family lol! As for small ball Im not a huge fan, but thats all we got... Just looking forward to 2017 and the new stadium... I just hope Hart and the powers that be didnt get this one wrong.

Sincerely,

Suicidal Tomawk Head

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #37
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78
Markakis is a veteran presence they needed, but I doubt he would have signed the contract if he knew what the team would look like now. If he gets hot and shows the Markakis of old, then he is a very solid trade chip as well.

It is hard to believe that the Melvin Upton Jr contract was so bloated. I think the Phillies created fake interest in him so that Wren would "snatch" him away. I am reading where he was also a negative influence in the locker room which makes the signing of him even more baffling. I don't think I would take his attitude into the clubhouse if I was SD.

As a Braves fan I just have to be prepared for Freeman to be traded during the season.

If they trade away Freddie I'll have to be committed for sure... God I hope you didn't jinx us lol!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

Any ideas on how to keep the budget glut that the Braves will have at the end of the year without the budgets automatically adjusting? I tried it with the full salaried rosters last night, and I had money until the end of the year when the game adjusted to my new team salary. I guess I could use the money in that same year before the offseason, but that's not realistic.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #39
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I had already been considering trading Kimbrel away for the last 6 months.
IRL I love Kimbrel as a player, but I had been intrigued by Aroldis Chapman.
So last Tuesday when I carried over my my 14 franchise to 15, I finally pulled the trigger on the deal.
The Brave I miss most is Heyward. I'm playing a quick count season with the Cards just to get some bats with him. Great thread BTW. Makes me want to fire up Show 12 & get some swings in with Chipper.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #40
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

As a Phillies fan I must ask, what in the hell are you all complaining about?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »