Home

Braves Fans Support Group... Now What?

This is a discussion on Braves Fans Support Group... Now What? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 PM   #41
Rookie

mgarc1125's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Braves Fans Support Group... Now What?

I'm thinking of playing a baseball management game like OOTP this year instead of the show while the Braves are in rebuild mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #42
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

OVR: 3

Game 1 is in the books. I really like the small ball play with the reduction in strike outs. Couldn't believe how many ground ball outs we had and Julio still has a problem with high pitch count in early innings. This worries me with our other starters as well since I don't trust the bullpen. I don't know about sitting Chris Johnson either, but we won. Let's hope this doesn't become a distant memory of winning!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:18 PM   #43
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

No idea what pick the Braves have in this years draft but if you make the trade that's pretty much where your rebuilding begins. Besides that I'd check to see who is expected to become a free agent at the end of the season and probably sim a ton of games or else it's going to be a long year for you Braves guys
Old 04-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good new everyone, we can afford Jason Hayward in the offseason once the Cardinals straighten him out! Seriously we now have a surplus of $30 next year from yesterday's trade, and we're $15 million under already from last year's salary. When was the last time Atlanta had that much money to spend?
Old 04-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
Good new everyone, we can afford Jason Hayward in the offseason once the Cardinals straighten him out! Seriously we now have a surplus of $30 next year from yesterday's trade, and we're $15 million under already from last year's salary. When was the last time Atlanta had that much money to spend?
As much as I like Heyward he's not worth the money he's asking. I'd rather leave Markakis in right and get Justin Upton's bat back in the lineup. Braves need a right handed power bat badly.

CF Eric Young Jr.
2B Peterson
1B Freeman
LF Upton
RF Markakis
3B Johnson
C Bethancourt
SS Simmons

Look how much more balanced that lineup is with a RH power bat. Freeman in the 3rd hole with RH protection behind him with Markakis behind Upton. I really like my lineup going L, R, L as much as possible so the opposing manager has a tough time working late inning matchups.

Johnny Gomes = power bat off the bench as well as a corner outfielder to spell either Markakis or Upton. Need a better left handed bat off the bench unless we plan to keep a third catcher and use Pierzineski as a bench bat.

After picking up Upton I'd use the rest of the money on pitching. Braves need a front line starter and it appears there will be several on the market like Jordan Zimmerman, Johnny Cueto, etc. Need a bullpen arm or two also. Still makes me sick to my stomach that Craig Kimbrel is no longer with the Braves.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Three games into my dynasty with the Opening Day roster and ... I'm kind of liking this.

Grilli is no Kimbrel, but I think I like his motion/pitches better in the game - although I miss Kimbrel's heater. And I'd always get frustrated anytime anybody so much as put a ball in play against Kimbrel, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

And I'll take Maybin all day, any day over the outfielder formerly known as B.J.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 04-16-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:18 PM   #47
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Three games into my dynasty with the Opening Day roster and ... I'm kind of liking this.

Grilli is no Kimbrel, but I think I like his motion/pitches better in the game - although I miss Kimbrel's heater. And I'd always get frustrated anytime anybody so much as put a ball in play against Kimbrel, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

And I'll take Maybin all day, any day over the outfielder formerly known as B.J.
E.Y. Jr. is a great fit for the new-look Braves with his speed. If you can get him on base, you should be able to swipe 50-plus bags with him.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #48
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
E.Y. Jr. is a great fit for the new-look Braves with his speed. If you can get him on base, you should be able to swipe 50-plus bags with him.
Yeah he hasn't gotten caught yet in my franchise. I traded Mike Minor, Chris Johnson, and a top prospect for Josh Donaldson. Also traded Cahill and Callaspo for Tim Hudson, wanted his career to end in Atlanta.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »