Home

Year-to-Year Saves bugs

This is a discussion on Year-to-Year Saves bugs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #57
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Year-to-Year Saves bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
What about the players that accumulated service time while injured and on a 40 man roster the entire season? (When I say injured I mean out for the season).

Brandon Beachy
Tim Beckham
Kris Medlen
Josh Johnson
Cory Luebke
Shawn Kelly
Luke Hochaver
And many others
ALL were injured in Spring training last year and were on the DL the entire season while on their teams 40 man roster. All accumulated service time.

Matt Harvey
Jurickson Profar
Jarrod Parker
and other missed all of 2014 and are still in MLB 15 so that is where I am lost I guess.

Arod was on the restricted list and is still in MLB 15.

Franklin Gutierrez is not in was on Seattle's restricted list last season. (Entire season and on the 40 man)

I know why Zito isn't in as you explained. I also figured out why Bundy isn't in either (he came off the DL last season and played 9 minor league games without being called up).

What about Tommy Pham and Sam Tivailala of the Cardinals? Pham has 0.021 days of service time(Played in 14) and he isn't in MLB 15 for some reason.

Joey Butler of the Rays played in 4 games last season with the Cardinals before going to Japan. Any reason why he isn't in MLB 15?

I do understand the rules and guidelines you guys have to follow in terms of approvals, but I don't understand why certain guys are approved and others weren't when they all had the same issue last season. IE THE injured players on 40 man rosters.
Yes, everybody who was in 14 and injured, but not in 15 because they were not approved are on that list. Guys who missed the whole year (2014) like Medlen, Beachy, Luebke, etc. were not approved for 15. Others like Harvey, Profar, Parker played at the beginning of 14, so they had some service time that year and were eligible to be approved…and they were.

Tommy Pham and Sam Tuivailala were not approved because they didn’t signed their CAA (player agreement) this year. They were approved last season though because they did sign their CAA during that time.

Players who sign with another country to play baseball is automatically not approved even if they have been approved before. For example, Hiroki Kuroda was approved for MLB 15, but he went to Japan this year and would need to go back in the approval process if he came back to the states and played.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #58
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yes, everybody who was in 14 and injured, but not in 15 because they were not approved are on that list. Guys who missed the whole year (2014) like Medlen, Beachy, Luebke, etc. were not approved for 15. Others like Harvey, Profar, Parker played at the beginning of 14, so they had some service time that year and were eligible to be approved…and they were.

Tommy Pham and Sam Tuivailala were not approved because they didn’t signed their CAA (player agreement) this year. They were approved last season though because they did sign their CAA during that time.

Players who sign with another country to play baseball is automatically not approved even if they have been approved before. For example, Hiroki Kuroda was approved for MLB 15, but he went to Japan this year and would need to go back in the approval process if he came back to the states and played.
Parker, Harvey, and Profar didn't play at all last season. Harvey went down at the end of 2013. Profar and Parker both went on the DL in spring training 2014. So did Beachy, Medlen, Beckham etc...... That's why it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah i actually know Tommy Pham and he shot me a text back like 15 minutes ago and said the same thing you did.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #59
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Oh NVM.....makes sense now.....

Youtube
Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Ramone,

One bug that I noticed today. I'm in week 3 of the 2021 season with my Mets franchise and every game that I played (12 so far) it begins as if it is opening day. Also, a few of my guys have had over 150 HR's in their career but the graphics and announcers say that it's their "1st career HR", then EK goes into his spiel about hitting his first HR in the 1st game of his career. It's really weird.

Lastly, every game thus the far weather defaults to "clear skies". I know I can change it but would rather it just be randomized.

Thanks for listening and it's great to see guys from the SCEA actually being active in the forums.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #61
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trankins24
Hey Ramone,

One bug that I noticed today. I'm in week 3 of the 2021 season with my Mets franchise and every game that I played (12 so far) it begins as if it is opening day. Also, a few of my guys have had over 150 HR's in their career but the graphics and announcers say that it's their "1st career HR", then EK goes into his spiel about hitting his first HR in the 1st game of his career. It's really weird.

Lastly, every game thus the far weather defaults to "clear skies". I know I can change it but would rather it just be randomized.

Thanks for listening and it's great to see guys from the SCEA actually being active in the forums.
OMG is that bug back?

Historically, there's no workaround. You need to start over and sim the first game of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #62
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trankins24
Hey Ramone,

Hey, do me a favor and fill out a bug report on the Opening Day bug. This is a legacy issue that actually requires you to start over in order to eliminate (I'd personally consider that especially nasty).

Hopefully this year it will finally get squashed for good. It's been in the game for as long as I can remember.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:08 PM   #63
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I started with Harvey injured and in A......carried over and he's there.
That one guy said RTTS.....so I don't know for sure...but it's not a problem in franchise mode.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #64
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Is there anyway to get Medlen in the game??

What are you guys going to do with your chise? Start over or just play thru it???

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »