Home

How do you guys do your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you guys do your franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2
How do you guys do your franchise?

30 team control and force trades on? That way if there are any trades in real life you can update as you go? I've never used 30 team control but about to start my Cubs franchise and feel like that might be the best route. Thanks
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Rookie

timberwuf's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys do your franchise?

I controlled all 30 teams for this reason but then i noticed I couldnt just trade.
I like to trade without feeling like im stacking my team so i re-started my franchise without controlling others teams. Then one of players decided to throw with his other arm and that just bugs the schit out of me so i had to start all over again.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't use 30 team control. I like the out come of a virtual fantasy world. Sure the computer makes crazy trades sometimes, but it's not a big deal to me. Others swear by it.

Unless you are playing a game a day following real life, I would think by the time the MLB gets to the trade deadline you would be way past it on The Show.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Unless you are playing a game a day following real life, I would think by the time the MLB gets to the trade deadline you would be way past it on The Show.
Wow, really? I usually start my seasons in about late April and I don't get to the trade deadline until MAYBE October. I guess I just don't play as often as you guys. But this is why I'm going away from following real life transactions this year in favor of no transactions.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Wow, really? I usually start my seasons in about late April and I don't get to the trade deadline until MAYBE October. I guess I just don't play as often as you guys. But this is why I'm going away from following real life transactions this year in favor of no transactions.
I could be off on the time frame. I play quick counts and usually get a series in per sit down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwuf
I controlled all 30 teams for this reason but then i noticed I couldnt just trade.
I like to trade without feeling like im stacking my team so i re-started my franchise without controlling others teams. Then one of players decided to throw with his other arm and that just bugs the schit out of me so i had to start all over again.
You could have the CPU assigned to all 29 other teams.....they will handle all their own decisions including trades.
You probably changed that players primary or secondary position....and scrolled past an infield position, which automatically changed him to right handed. You have to be very careful when changing positions.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I let the CPU do what they want. The the occasional crazy trades are always interesting to see. I try to keep my trades realistic or at least fair.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I let the CPU do what they want. The the occasional crazy trades are always interesting to see. I try to keep my trades realistic or at least fair.
Same

It's nuts to think having veto power on CPU trades keeps it realistic. It only keeps it realistic to YOUR perception of reality, which might actually be equally incongruent with reality

Plus if you veto trades that might not happen in real life, what about ones that might happen in real life but the CPU DOESN'T make? Do you start manually creating trades for other teams? Can of worms...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »