Home

The R.A. Dickey Dilemma

This is a discussion on The R.A. Dickey Dilemma within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #9
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The R.A. Dickey Dilemma

I'm the Yankees in franchise and my first game is against him and I hate that guy. I said this in another thread he is my worst nightmare. For the past I five plus years he is giving me trouble

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 04-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #10
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

I play with Dickey in my Blue Jays franchise.

The problem with him is, when using the recommend pitch feature, 90% of the time the catcher will recommend throwing a knuckle ball right down the middle. Not sure if it's a glitch, but this is definitely the reason for the high strike%.

It's as if the pitch (knuckle ball) is not programmed to be thrown for balls. The catcher always asks for it to be thrown down the middle.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
I play with Dickey in my Blue Jays franchise.

The problem with him is, when using the recommend pitch feature, 90% of the time the catcher will recommend throwing a knuckle ball right down the middle. Not sure if it's a glitch, but this is definitely the reason for the high strike%.

It's as if the pitch (knuckle ball) is not programmed to be thrown for balls. The catcher always asks for it to be thrown down the middle.
It's probably not a glitch. Because the knuckle has a random movement to it. If you throw it down the middle there is a higher chance of you actually landing it in there for a strike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Noticed this a couple nights ago in a CPU vs. CPU game where Dickey at one point threw only 8 balls to 60+ strikes against the Yankees. The batters look overmatched in the first five innings, before hitting back to back home runs in the 6th.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It's probably not a glitch. Because the knuckle has a random movement to it. If you throw it down the middle there is a higher chance of you actually landing it in there for a strike.
It's a glitch to me if the knuckle goes for 95 percent strikes. It's impossible for me to play against him.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #14
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

if you are hitting against him than you need to crush his strikes. I would suggest regular swings only against dickey. get runners on base, lay down a bunt.

if you are pitching with him and can't seem to throw a ball and you are getting away with 95% strikes than it is likely a difficulty issue.

one of the show's minor flaws(imo) is the higher difficulties produce better results but not everyone graduates as quickly as others, and while i notice a lot of baseball veterans play this game, they aren't really any good but because of their extensive knowledge of baseball it creates a disparity between what they experience and what they see IRL.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Im using him so far, its OK... the Orioles just shelled me a bit though in his 2nd start.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »