Home

Where is my First Baseman? What is he doing?

This is a discussion on Where is my First Baseman? What is he doing? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Where is my First Baseman? What is he doing?

yep, pretty serious bug. What is he doing, just standing there picking his nose?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #10
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I've had it happen a few time diving in the hole. I don't know if the system thinks the ball is an outfield hit and doesn't cover the 1b bag.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 24

I've never had it happen to "me," that is, when I was on defense.

But I've had it happen to the CPU (ie: to my benefit), many, many times.

I've been meaning to submit a bug report for it but I keep forgetting. Probably because thus far it has only helped me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 01:59 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3

This happens to me all the time as well, in DD mode.

My opponent will hit a laser to my right fielder, who is cheating up and I clearly would be able to make the throw to first.

Instead of covering the bag, my first baseman is almost in the outfield, cutting off the throw.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #13
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Desperation dive at the end when I realized he was nowhere near the bag.
I have had this happen like others on flies to shallow right. Never had anything like this happen. Though the angle makes it hard to tell but it looks like he was in some weird shift. He should not be that far over when the ball was pitched. It might just be the video angle but the whole infield looks shifted. Wat defense was that?

I assume that was not player lock on firstbaseman. So, regardless of the shift he should have been trying to get to the bag. He is just standing there like the inning had eneded lol.... Send that lad to single A ball haha kidding.

The Other thing I have had is hard grounder to first. Throw to second, and the shorstop tries to return throw to 1B and my fielder says nope pitcher, catcher or anyone but me has to cover, I have done my work haha... When obviously in real life if he can he would cover his bag.

Good news is catchers have the fielding speed of Cheetahs and could cover all bases haha... I tagged Hamilton out with my catcher running him down on the first baseline. Came out of the crouch, gathered the ball and ran down one of the fastest men in baseball with 38 year old Ross. Turns out ole boy has some wheels!

Last edited by SpritePuck; 05-04-2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: I spell about like goats ice skate...
Old 05-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #14
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I've seen it a few times. This is the closest bug report I could find for it, it needs up-voting:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/12231

I've only seen it when my infielder has made a remarkable catch, so I figure the game thinks the ball got past me and that's why the 1B doesn't cover the bag. Sometimes the play-by-play guy says the ball makes it to the outfield as well but my player has made a great catch.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #15
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

I've had it happen three or four times now. Most notably in RTTS. If I get robbed in Franchise or something, it's whatever, because if it's a key situation, and I got robbed by buggy AI, I can cheat the baserunner off (though I haven't done so, yet)

However, in RttS, if I get robbed by buggy AI, it makes me wish there was an option to "punch teammate square in the mouth". I'll take the team suspension or trade. Really. Fair price to pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzi4KEQlmew

Above is a video of me being robbed by buggy AI in RttS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #16
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
This happens to me all the time as well, in DD mode.

My opponent will hit a laser to my right fielder, who is cheating up and I clearly would be able to make the throw to first.

Instead of covering the bag, my first baseman is almost in the outfield, cutting off the throw.
No that is not a bug. That is what the first baseman is suppose to do. What they are describing is that when the ball is hit in the infield the First Baseman isn't covering the bag. That is a glitch. You trying to cheat on a liner to right and throw to first is not something the game is designed for because it's not something that happens in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »