Home

I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball

This is a discussion on I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergiants
Yeah, if they want to ban me for being frustrated at a problem in the game while other users are basically insulting me saying I just suck at the game, while I posted proof of the problem in a video, then go ahead.
Relax. Not one person has said you suck at the game.

You're allowed to be frustrated, you're allowed to post about it. Just use a little more tact with your posts.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:36 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

Let me ask a constructive question.

For all the people who aren't happy about how this game mechanic works (and the results of plays like the OP's), how would you like to see it done while still being able to distinguish good outfielders from bad ones? If the marker gives an exact landing location every time (or follows the same path), there is no differentiation between higher or lower rated fielders from the user's perspective - because it's just running from point A to point B.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #35
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

It's harder online with lag at times. I wish they'd give us the option for auto fielding online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #36
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergiants
THIS KIND OF BULL HAPPENS ALMOST EVERY DIAMOND DYNASTY GAME. I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF IT!!!

A ROUTINE fly ball that should be caught ends up bouncing next to/over/ in front of the outfielder even though the fielder is standing RIGHT where the ball marker is. It turns into a double or triple and COSTS ME GAMES. FIX THIS PLEASE.

In this latest example the ball marker MOVES at the last second and the ball lands right next to where my fielder is, where the ball marker was previously.

https://youtu.be/CaVA6iLheXE

THE GAME SHOULD NOT BE DECIDING IF A ROUTINE FLY BALL SHOULD BE CAUGHT OR NOT!!!
First off...It's a 2-all game with 2 guys on and a 3-2 count and you throw a concrete mixer to home plate.It's never "one" play that costs you the game but rather several actions that lead up to it -- that's the beauty of baseball.

More to the point, the degree that the ball-catch indicator moved is fairly substantial so that's quite interesting to me. I say you should move to auto-fielding...your frustration is the exact reason I switched.

Last edited by Speedy; 05-06-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #37
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
First off...It's a 2-all game with 2 guys on and a 3-2 count and you throw a concrete mixer to home plate.It's never "one" play that costs you the game but rather several actions that lead up to it -- that's the beauty of baseball.

More to the point, the degree that the ball-catch indicator moved is fairly substantial so that's quite interesting to me. I say you should move to auto-fielding...your frustration is the exact reason I switched.
DD game...can you auto-field?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
While I've never experienced that, I have had my fair share of situations where Jason Hayward turns into Alfonso Soriano. Usually happens on really hard line drives and the catch animation doesn't trigger when I get into position.
This has happened to me also.

Not what the OP is describing though... only this line drive thing right here. And it's pretty rare. I havent been counting but I'd say it has happened to me about 3-5 times... total, this year, thus far.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #39
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
DD game...can you auto-field?

M.K.
Knight165
No you can't.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #40
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That's called player ratings and an algorhtymic dice roll folks.

Errors happen on routine easy pop fly's and fly balls, and routine grounders, routine throws.

That's the simulation aspect and the beauty of this game.

Do MLB players catch every single ball IRL?

Ahhhhh no.

Last night....playing a league online franchise game. A simple routine fly ball was hit and Brett Garnder was under it.....and it popped right out of his glove.

I smiled.

That's baseball.

No no no, this is NOT simulation, this is pathetic, if it happened say once in literally 20-25 games, sure. this and 2nd basemen throwing poorly to 1st on routiners are just flat out wrong. Its not slow pitch or 12 year old kids this "sim" is of Major Leaguers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »