Home

I just love this Game.........

This is a discussion on I just love this Game......... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: I just love this Game.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
The problem is that the closer and closer that this game gets to reality, the more and more that the issues, however minor, stand out. The developers become cursed by their own success. The more perfection we get, the more we demand it.
I feel this is especially the case with the fielding complaints and things of that nature in this game. People want a "realistic" game, but when they are faced with the realism of not every play being perfectly made they suddenly aren't that interested in realism.

I commend the developers of the show for trying to come up with a game that balances realism, and user skill. It can't be easy to do that, and while this game has flaws the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Count me in as someone who loves this game. I actually prefer the realism and randomness as it better represents the sport. I want my players to play to their abilities, not mine, and this game has been great at doing that.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great post!! The game is amazing!! From the lighting, to the crowd being dynamic, the competition is tough as it should be, and the stadiums and atmosphere is awesome!! I'm playing on Default Legend and get solid gameplay.. Yeah some games are way worse than others, but hey the season is 162 games long! Every game won't be perfect to the point where I'm like OMG I have to adjust this or that from happening again! ITS A GAME!! Enjoy it and PLAY BALL!! Lol
Old 05-16-2015, 12:41 PM   #11
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7

Ive played the show pretty much everyday since 08. I personally think MLB 12 played the best but 15 is a very close second. Add in all the improvements to the game over that span and its probably the best in the series.

Each year i run about a month of games while modifying and adjusting sliders and 14 is the closest I ever came to what I feel was simulation baseball and now Im right at that point in 15, took a little longer and had to test a few different slider set combinations to get it right but its there now.

All the complaining is for the most part an attempt at constructive criticism but gamers are some of the most privileged, spoiled people online and feel if there is any little flaw its the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #12
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Yep, definitely the best game of the series.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #13
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

The ultimate compliment I could give this game is that I no longer play any other games -- and I'm a fan of other sports and sports games as well (NBA 2k, Madden, NHL, FIFA). I simply want to devote all of my limited gaming time to the Show, whether it's during the baseball season or in the off-season. And now I'm saving a little cash, too, because I'm not buying any other games.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 05-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #14
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
The ultimate compliment I could give this game is that I no longer play any other games -- and I'm a fan of other sports and sports games as well (NBA 2k, Madden, NHL, FIFA). I simply want to devote all of my limited gaming time to the Show, whether it's during the baseball season or in the off-season. And now I'm saving a little cash, too, because I'm not buying any other games.

Agreed with 14 and now 15 ive basically eliminated gaming from my life other than the show and im actually much happier just playing the one game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #15
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Spoiler

TLDR version:
You don't get sarcasm? Is that you, Sheldon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I am the same way. The only other sport game I have bought lately is Project Cars. But I am not sure that counts and it certainly does not keep me away from The Show.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »