Home

The poor animation system really holds this game back from being great!

This is a discussion on The poor animation system really holds this game back from being great! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 01:39 PM   #57
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The poor animation system really holds this game back from being great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Many of you who know me know I'm never hesitant to post my displeasure with this game.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #58
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I have to disagree about the animations I think they are some of the best in sports games. What I do think the game needs is a big improvement in graphics. The game's graphics are while behind both NBA 2K and madden by a lot. Game almost looks like ps3.5 in steady of ps4 and that is disappointing because last gen mlb the show had by far the best graphics for any sports games.
I agree with this, but only in terms of the player models.

The stadiums and crowds are better than any other sports game. But the player models might as well be ps3 models, and the player models look 1000x worse than NBA 2k's player models.

If the Show works on the player models, and gets them up to par with the likes of NBA 2k, the Show will far and away have the best graphics of any game.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No its been mentioned a few times on the forums that the tag animations need to be worked on for '16.

This is your typical type thread. Find something subjective so you have something to slam the game, devs, and "fanboys" about and argue with those who disagree with you in a condescending tone.

I'm not slamming anyone and I'm tired of people claiming someone is slamming the developers whenever they have a legitimate gripe. Everything I've posted in this thread is an issue in my opinion and I've provided video proof. Just because you defend every single thing about the game doesn't mean issues don't exist. Maybe you don't see a problem with the animations, but I do and clearly I'm not alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #60
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I'm not slamming anyone and I'm tired of people claiming someone is slamming the developers whenever they have a legitimate gripe. Everything I've posted in this thread is an issue in my opinion and I've provided video proof. Just because you defend every single thing about the game doesn't mean issues don't exist. Maybe you don't see a problem with the animations, but I do and clearly I'm not alone.

Thanks for making my point

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #61
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

You are certainly not alone, but I feel you are in the minority.

In every thread you have started you are always pointing out the negatives. You always say it is to improve the game and that every one else kisses up to the developers. Any time anybody disagrees with your point of view you take it as an attack on you personally and become condescending and judgmental. I personally don't understand why you keep playing this game since you have never seemed happy with any version of the game that has come out.

Whatever your agenda is, all you are doing is alienating members of the forum and I am pretty sure the developers as well. The presence that the developers have had here has significantly dropped over the years and considering the threads and attitudes of some of the people posting on here it is certainly not a surprise. Remember as much as you despise aspects of this game there are those of us that love them. You are entitled to your opinions as much as we are entitled to dispute them. You post videos showing what you don't like, we show videos that we think explain the issue and why we don't have a problem with what is happening. That is the way the system works.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
You are certainly not alone, but I feel you are in the minority.

In every thread you have started you are always pointing out the negatives. You always say it is to improve the game and that every one else kisses up to the developers. Any time anybody disagrees with your point of view you take it as an attack on you personally and become condescending and judgmental. I personally don't understand why you keep playing this game since you have never seemed happy with any version of the game that has come out.

Whatever your agenda is, all you are doing is alienating members of the forum and I am pretty sure the developers as well. The presence that the developers have had here has significantly dropped over the years and considering the threads and attitudes of some of the people posting on here it is certainly not a surprise. Remember as much as you despise aspects of this game there are those of us that love them. You are entitled to your opinions as much as we are entitled to dispute them. You post videos showing what you don't like, we show videos that we think explain the issue and why we don't have a problem with what is happening. That is the way the system works.

And I have no issues with this. What bothers me is when someone points out an obvious flaw and people flock to defend it as being realistic when it is anything but. If you think the animations are realistic, then more power to you, but for those of us who don't, you guys coming into every single topic we make to point them out is just as counter-productive as those of us who do point them out. You act as if we are the ones starting the arguments, but you guys come into these threads and defend them. If you love the game and the animations, what's the point of coming into the threads where people are pointing out the issues they have with them? You're just as guilty as those of us pointing out the issues we have with the game. And I apologize for my condescending tone, but it gets frustrating when I do point out issues and have the same 4 or 5 people coming into the topic saying I'm wrong.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #63
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
And I have no issues with this. What bothers me is when someone points out an obvious flaw and people flock to defend it as being realistic when it is anything but. If you think the animations are realistic, then more power to you, but for those of us who don't, you guys coming into every single topic we make to point them out is just as counter-productive as those of us who do point them out. You act as if we are the ones starting the arguments, but you guys come into these threads and defend them. If you love the game and the animations, what's the point of coming into the threads where people are pointing out the issues they have with them? You're just as guilty as those of us pointing out the issues we have with the game. And I apologize for my condescending tone, but it gets frustrating when I do point out issues and have the same 4 or 5 people coming into the topic saying I'm wrong.

This is where I think we seem to have a parting of the ways. I try to see your point of it, I really do. I am not arguing with you for the sake of arguing. Well honestly maybe I am a little bit, but some of the best friends I have ever had came out of two people arguing about something they believe in.

You see, I don't see these as obvious flaws. This is the point where I think our contention lies. You see them as parts of the game that are broken and I/we do not.I think this is the point we are arguing about. You think the animations are broken and ruin the game. I think the are realistic and add to the game. I will say I think they need more animations so that there might be more variety and that may help with this problem. You consider the game broken and I do not. You will argue your point and I will continue to argue mine. I am not saying you are wrong for your opinion, I think you are wrong for your conclusion. You seem to think I am wrong for both my opinion and my conclusions and that is where I think the frustration comes in.

You start these thread in a Forum about the game. If you want to post a topic of your opinion of a game but don't want discussion on it then why post in a forum. This is what this area is for, it is the nature of a forum. It is what it was designed for. If people disagreeing with you is annoying then you have come to the wrong place to start posting you opinion.

Honestly some of you posts have helped me love the game more. I see things that you think are flaws and I get frustrated with some of them as well. But in the course of research and listening to others I have come to realize they are things that I love so deeply about this game. So in "defending" the game I find more reason why I love the game. There are times when I have almost put this game down and gone back to last years. But I have truly come to think of this years version as one of the best that has ever been made. Even to the point that I am not sure if I will move on to next years version right away if at all.

So that is where I stand. I think you and I will always disagree on some fundamentals. You will continue to post about things you don't like and I will most continue to get on your nerves by arguing with you about it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Its not about wrong or right in opinion, but its more trying to explain why the animation is playing out the way that it does/did. Its trying to explain why things may happen (poor route, poor fielder ratings, etc....) You make it seem like these "issues" are black and white and that is far from the case, and thankfully so, because if not, then there would be no difference in any of the players.

I don't do this for the sake of arguing with you. I discuss and offer up explanations so that people who may just be now getting into the series don't get just one side of the story.

And not trying to sound boastful or anything, but you state that I'm blindly defending the game, but I say that I'm pointing out my experiences having played 400+ games, every inning, every pitch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 08-30-2015 at 05:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »