Home

MLB 16 The Show WISHLIST

This is a discussion on MLB 16 The Show WISHLIST within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 05:59 PM   #17
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 The Show WISHLIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
It's probably too late, and I'm sure some of these have been said, but...

1. In dynasty, I would like the schedules to change every year. As the Detroit Tigers, I get really tired of playing the same NL Central teams year after year after year.

2. Get a little more in-depth with commentary. It gets a little too repetitive

3. Custom draft classes- allow us to go in and edit the draft classes so we can add real players to the draft

4. Create a team/ expansion franchise- I wouldn't mind re-creating the Montreal Expos or just giving some place like New Orleans, Indianapolis, Memphis, Charlotte, or even a San Antonio

5. Relocation/ Rebranding/ Build a new stadium- As the Tigers, it is a lot more difficult hitting home runs in a field that is 420 feet. I would like the option to build a stadium, or just renovate my current stadium.

6. Little Things- 2k made a big deal with their basketball franchise of having little things like Chris Bosh photobombing, Steph Curry play with his mouth guard, and other players mannerisms.
Additionally some popular things I've seen are celebrity fans and first pitches. I am sure the community can think of more indepth things for little ideas

7. Customization- Much like the 2k franchise, allow us the ability to upload images and logos that we've made to *** a more authentic feel. I get tired of seeing the same "off-brand" logo's year after year.

8. Creating/ Editing Coaches- Pretty simple, give us the ability to edit coaches like we can with our players. Or even have retired players take to the ranks of coaching
i have to give a thumbs up because of that sponsor advert in that nba2k pic. but the ideas are nice as well

I think it would be difficult to add in Create Ballpark because how you do it in terms of what people want to see in the outfield? all parks are different where as NBA or NHL for example those are played on the same floor but obviously with different colors and stuff but thats why its Much easier for devs to decide to add in create a arena.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

New player models. The scaling issues are bad for a game of this caliber. Some cut scenes all players are the same height and weight.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:38 PM   #19
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
Custom Stadium Builder -Period! (Earl Weaver Baseball had this back in 1986 and it was awesome!)

Virtual Stadium Tour Feature -ability to go into a menu and perform a virtual stadium tour of all the ball parks, read about key facts, history, dimmensions, sit in any seat. Complete free form mode to tour the entire park. Baseball Stadiums in baseball are the most exciting, nostalgic and unique of all the sports and should be given the opportunity to let the fans enjoy this aspect of the game.....it would be so cool

More Post Season Analysis -the game's logic and statistical tracking engine should produce more real world data that the announcers should be drawing upon and commenting on during pre game analysis of the 2 teams playing to build more of a excitement around the playoff game.

More oddball in Game Pop Up Factoids - The game should also do a better job of popping up some key on screen facts and stats during situational at bats or times during the game to draw the player in more Ie, "the Mets are 36-4 when leading after 8 innings", "Darryl Strawberry has hit a homerun in 10 of his last 14 games", "Buster Posey is batting 425 with men in scoring position", etc

History Section -Period! Baseball is all about stats and creating historical data. Why on earth is the video games most realistic sport, MLB the Show so absent in this area of the game. Franchise Mode is pretty much worthless without the ability to have a Historical Almanac section that players can goto to review all the stats, boxscores, standings, awards, data they've compiled over the years! I love looking up stuff and I think most baseball fans do too....Baseball is about comparing data more than any other sport. Gives us an area in which we can look at all the wonderful history we've created!

Love your thinking brotha.

Big yes to all of this, very well done.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 10-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 3

A 9 vs 9 online mode. Up to 9 online players can control one player on the team like in RTTS. Any player not chosen is instead controlled by the CPU but the human players have to bat for the CPU players. Either MLB teams (controlling a real player) or Fantasy Teams (controlling your created DD/RTTS player) can be chosen.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:27 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

Add in player personalities that affect animations and how a player reacts to situations. Add in the ability to argue a play and literally push an umpire's buttons; the more you push the button, the more your player argues and risks getting ejected. This can tie in to umpire personalities. Before each game, there should be a scouting report available, not just for the other team's players, but for the umpires as well. That way you can learn if a particular umpire has a tendency to eject quickly, or to give a little more leeway, etc. Furthermore, add the ability for the manager to come out and argue and potentially get ejected. In real life, that can provide a spark to a sleepy offense. Should be the same in the game. I can't believe this isn't part of the game yet after all these years. It's part of the game in real life. Why not in the game? Same with the ability to charge a pitcher who hits you.

Finally, I feel that we should be able to essentially "be" the manager in our Franchise modes. What I mean is, after games, we should be able to communicate with our players. There should be a number of communications we can choose that affect a player's confidence and team morale. (THERE SHOULD DEFINITELY BE A TEAM MORALE METER THAT AFFECTS HOW A TEAM PLAYS ON A GIVEN DAY). A team on a 4-game losing streak should take a hit in the team morale meter and should therefore be slightly negatively affected in terms of their ability for the next game. Perhaps as a manager, you can go and give a pep talk that gives them an uptick in the meter. Or perhaps you can go talk to the next day's starter and give him a little pep talk, and then if he pitches a great game the next day, the team morale will go up. How will these communications work? Obviously they will have to be pre-loaded messages you can choose to relay. But there have to be a LOT of them for it to feel immersive. Same goes for a struggling player. If you want to bench him or sit him down, you choose how to relay the information to him so as not to affect his morale meter. This can tie in to player personalities I mentioned above. In real life, so much of a manager's job is managing personalities. So to make this more realistic, we NEED THIS ASPECT IN THE GAME. There should be notifications from lower coaches every day, some that may say a particularly play is a "cancer in the clubhouse" or saying a particular player has been putting in extra effort, etc. (Again, we would need A LOT of variety so this doesn't get repetitive or canned.) Then you could figure out what to do with the bad player and how to approach it, or to communicate to the hard-working player how you feel. Or if you want a player to change positions, etc. It has endless possibilities. The game has become stale. Let's make it better!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #22
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

- Closed roof option for the 6 teams that have those stadiums. Also if stadium creator is ever added closed roof option would be nice as well.

- Ability to edit logo colors for the mitts and batting gloves. Logo outline colors should also be editable on batting gloves.

- More bat, batting gloves, cleats, catcher gear brands. Add to the existing brands as well as add new brands like Adidas, Mizuno batting gloves etc.......

- Add team colors to mitts and bat tape.

- Bring back ability to edit cap brims for SCEA players

- More facial hair and hair styles. Hopefully add the ability to edit length of hair styles and facial hair. Hair examples: Short/Medium/Long braid and dreads length. Long hair options like Jacob DeGrom and Noah Syndergaard. Better fade hair style options like Manny Machado and Giancarlo Stanton type fade styles.

-Home and Road equipment. Examples: Cleats, Batting gloves, Mitts, Catcher gear, arm/wristbands, wrist tape etc.................

- Ability to edit catcher mask color for standard mask including the padding. Also add logos or allows us to edit the color schemes of the Hockey catcher mask.

- Jason Heyward/Javier Baez ear flap protectors

- Multiple mitt options for utility players or players that play 2 or more positions.

- Ability to edit coaches and managers. Or at least the fake guys. Also manager and coach jersey numbers need to be in circulation with the rest of the team. Gets annoying when a coach has the same jersey number as a player.

- More Web styles for mitts (there are a few that aren't in the game)

- Add a size option for the shin guards. Also shin guard placement as well (Meaning how far up the leg we can place the guard)

- Option for earrings

- Some sort of pre and post game studio show (like 2k16) would be a welcomed addition.

- Better stat tracking (this is obvious and discussed plenty here on OS)

- More stadium cut scenes. Examples: Blimp Shots, helicopter shots, exterior/parking lot pan arounds before the game, actual flyovers, etc.......

- More uniform slots

- More lively and crowded benches. They look a little too empty and not enough energy.

- Story lines as the season goes along.

- Ability to import players in franchise mode.

- Ability to hire/fire coaches/managers from the front end menu not just season or franchise modes.

- Ability to add and drop a player from a team without having to swap him for another player (front end menu).

- Add 20 or 25 slots for Single A if possible.

- Ability to talk a player out of retirement.

- In season contract extensions

- An in franchise mode twitter feed like Madden 16.

- More outside stadium noises such as ambulances, Train in Seattle(This only happens when you pause the game), birds flying around the stadium etc........

- More spring training parks

- Actually see fans start filing out during blowouts

- Bring back the beach ball bouncing around in the stands (not just the cut scene we have now) The ball bouncing around was in MLB 13.

- Add security guards on the field in certain stadiums. Dodger Stadium is a good example.

- Off season story lines such as rumors, free agent signings, coach hiring and firings, retirements etc..........

- Keep building on the radio show.

- Minor league contracts

- Non-roster invitees for spring training.

- Player moral/Team moral

- 3 team trades.

- Ability to trade more than 6 players at a time.

- More emphasis on the player draft. Maybe have a presentation for it if possible?

- International bonus slots and money.

- If we can't use custom music then do something like 2k16 and have 50 or more songs on the soundtrack from various genres of music that we can use in game and in the jukebox. Bring back old songs from previous versions of the show. If that's what it takes or is possible.

- Arizona Fall League and allow us to select the players we would like to send.

- More emphasis on the off season such as GM/Owner meetings as well as winter meetings coverage.

- Add more to the coaching staff. Bench coaches, bullpen coaches etc.....

- Players having more interactions with fans pre-game and during the game. Pre-game examples: Signing autographs. In game examples: Tossing the ball into the stands when the inning ends or on foul balls that stay in the park.

- More team/player celebrations

- More body types for players or individual body types if you guys go that route.

- Baggy option for jersey style as well as an unbutton option.

- Add an Undershirt color option.

- Alternate uniforms for minor league teams (where it's required).

- Have more variation of the pre-game/between inning/and end of game intro music. It's been the same the last 4 years with the exception of Opening Day and Playoff theme music.

- Bring back the old pre-game lineup presentation when Matty V would name off every player in the lineup as the camera pans around the stadium.

- Better 7th inning stretch presentations would be nice. There currently isn't any, but the organ music in the 7th.

- Custom schedules after the 1st season or rotating interleague schedules would be nice. Gets old playing the same exact interleague schedule each season.

- Custom stadium adverts would be cool if allowable.

- In game updates of other games around the league other than the ticker. Maybe have a pop up showing scores or trades from around the league with a breaking news banner.

- Progression. I don't really have an issue with it, but I'd like to see the decline age be pushed back to like 36-38 for some guys rather than 34 like it is now.

- If allowable let retired players become coaches, farm directors, or scouts.

- Rework the budget system

- Add the 3 quarter length arm sleeve that guys like Matt Kemp and Ruben Tejada wear.

- CPU Call ups and send downs based on performance, injuries, and team need.

- Rehab assignments for players coming back from injury. Allow us to select the length as well.

- More urgency from outfielders

- Separate user/CPU sliders for infielder/baserunner/ and outfielder speed. Get rid of the universal setting they have now.

- Multiple bat options for players. Primary and secondary options in the player editor. The change would be triggered when a player breaks his bat in game.

- Expand on the replay system if it's not too late.

- Bring back the random weather in franchise mode. It was taken out this year, but still allow us to change it if need be.

- Add Create a draft class. Or allow us to edit the players before they are drafted. This way we can keep our franchises as close to real life as possible.

- Add camo as pattern for Mitts and batting gloves. Quite a few players have this pattern this season.

- Change up the All Star Game uniform colors each season in franchise. Rather than keeping the same color scheme as the current year's All Star Game. Example in MLB 15 you keep the Reds black and red All Star uniforms the entirety of your franchise. That needs to change even if it's just generic since we can't have real team specific uniforms.

- Bring back the ability to select field grass patterns before we start a game.

- Change up the end of game MVP interview cut scene. Add more than 1 reporter and change up the spot in which the interview takes place.

-Maybe add a pre game cut scene of the field crew prepping the infield (Kind of like the end of game scene)

That's all I have for now that is personal preference. A lot of great ideas in this thread for sure.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 10-22-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #23
Rookie

Some great ideas in here but I would still like to see players wear their team uniforms in the all-star game.

I know the devs have said it is not possible but PYS can manage it on the PS3 so I would hope there would be some work around for it on the more powerful PS4.

Video showing it on PYS!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOsr3aEPDo
Old 10-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Some great ideas in here but I would still like to see players wear their team uniforms in the all-star game.

I know the devs have said it is not possible but PYS can manage it on the PS3 so I would hope there would be some work around for it on the more powerful PS4.

Video showing it on PYS!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOsr3aEPDo
Umm...it's not possible. There isn't enough memory or something on the disk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »