Home

MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

When February started, what we knew about MLB 15: The Show was slim. Since then, we’ve been treated to a deluge of information, including weekly live feeds and frank discussions about the development process. As I wrote previously, this marketing strategy is a unique one in the industry — but certainly helps us set our expectations accurately.

Now that March -- and release month -- is here, here are my most anticipated changes and additions, as featured in the streams thus far.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features (Written by Caley Roark)
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Bang on, other than radio show swap that with real equipment, Its hard playing 14 looking at all the generic stuff after watching those streams
Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

I am surprised there is so little talk about hitting and pitching mechanics. The Show has all the bells and whistles presentation wise but man there is something to desire when the choices for hitting and pitching don't even compare to pro yakyuu or power pros for that matter. I really just want them to rip off pro yakyuu. the batting in that game is sick and then rip of power pro for pitching. i want something more interactive and representative of baseball. pulse pitching is a joke, way too simple, the meter is ok and analog is getting closer. then with hitting analog is boring, the reticle is ok but so random at times. check out pro yakuu where your bat has to actually make contact with the ball. it is so awesome, and you pick a pull or push swing using the face buttons. hmmm. oh well. maybe next year.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

Diamond Dynasty , I have no anticipation for this as I don't play it.

GM Contracts , I'll most likely play with this turned off, though I promise to give it at least a cursory look.

Radio Show , before I knew any details on this, I did highly anticipate it, as I had visions of the Tony Bruno Show dancing in my head. Now that has tempered as it may prove too repetitive for my taste.

Trade Improvements , I never had a problem with crazy trades like Albert Pujols for Ricky Romero or Big Papi for Nick Swisher. I've always treated my franchise as a alternate universe, a bizarro MLB if you will.

Lighting , this has potential to make the game look drastically different. We shall see.

The carry over saves & editable contracts are probably what I'm looking forward to most, though I realise editable contracts are probably a minor detail to most, it is the little things that make the Show great.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
I am surprised there is so little talk about hitting and pitching mechanics. The Show has all the bells and whistles presentation wise but man there is something to desire when the choices for hitting and pitching don't even compare to pro yakyuu or power pros for that matter. I really just want them to rip off pro yakyuu. the batting in that game is sick and then rip of power pro for pitching. i want something more interactive and representative of baseball. pulse pitching is a joke, way too simple, the meter is ok and analog is getting closer. then with hitting analog is boring, the reticle is ok but so random at times. check out pro yakuu where your bat has to actually make contact with the ball. it is so awesome, and you pick a pull or push swing using the face buttons. hmmm. oh well. maybe next year.
I think a whole lot of people will disagree with you on the presentation point lol. I'm really excited for the new directional hitting this year. But it'll be interesting if they come up with a new pitching mechanic in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

hb5239799's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm loving the areas SCEA made improvements in (Especially Busch). The evolution of this title is coming along nicely, and with these streams you can see that they acknowledge our input. If you're not happy there's always R.B.I.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I think a whole lot of people will disagree with you on the presentation point lol. I'm really excited for the new directional hitting this year. But it'll be interesting if they come up with a new pitching mechanic in the future
directional hitting definitely is a step in the right direction but it feels like too much of a guessing game. have you seen how pro yakyuu spirits hitting works? it is incredible. http://youtu.be/yu5YStaUlSg?t=5m40s
Old 03-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #8
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

For me one of the biggest new additions is the new Dynamic Difficulty. Basically for me this eliminates slider chasing and the getting it right where I want it. Truly amazing.

Then a close second is GM contracts and Licensed equipment.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »