Home

Reaction time and acceleration time

This is a discussion on Reaction time and acceleration time within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction time and acceleration time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Yeah I knew what he meant I just think he's wrong.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/foul-...eld-advantage/

Compare that to the pitch analysis filters for foul outs.

That's two years worth of foul outs. Most stadiums average fewer than one FO per game. Wayyyyyyy lower than the rates in The Show.
I'll ask again. Are you using default sliders?
Old 01-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'll ask again. Are you using default sliders?
Yes of course. Anything I've said in this thread applies to default sliders. There's no real point in discussing non-default sliders.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:57 PM   #27
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Yeah I knew what he meant I just think he's wrong.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/foul-...eld-advantage/

Compare that to the pitch analysis filters for foul outs.

That's two years worth of foul outs. Most stadiums average fewer than one FO per game. Wayyyyyyy lower than the rates in The Show.
You think the excessive amount of foul outs is due to how quick the players run to the ball? I don't, to me there is excessive hang time and wind effect blowing balls back into catchable foul ground. Especially from the 1st and 3rd area in towards home that contribute more to the issue than fast fielders. I'll give you the ones down the line in the outfield there could be some adjustment but I think hang time is part of the problem with that as well.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:15 PM   #28
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You think the excessive amount of foul outs is due to how quick the players run to the ball? I don't, to me there is excessive hang time and wind effect blowing balls back into catchable foul ground. Especially from the 1st and 3rd area in towards home that contribute more to the issue than fast fielders. I'll give you the ones down the line in the outfield there could be some adjustment but I think hang time is part of the problem with that as well.
There are plenty of hang time issues, but arguably most all foul flies that are in play will have a lot of hang time. It is hard to get a ball "short" and "close" for players, unless they just jam themselves. This doesn't happen in foul territory far too often. Most of the time, they get it on the fat part but underneath it.

But you're right, there is a hang time issue in this game. This game still lacks bleeder singles or line drives over outfielders' heads.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2016, 09:15 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think it plays a part. I definitely agree that there is an excessive hang time issue that contributes to this problem. There is nothing I want more than for the ball physics to be improved upon.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #30
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
...there is a hang time issue in this game. This game still lacks bleeder singles or line drives over outfielders' heads.
This is the biggest thing with the game to me.

I recall Ramone stating that the outfield depth is according to balance reasons but I don't entirely agree with that. I understand his reasoning but why is the game being balanced to an incorrect situation? I still feel like the physics of the game are off...where the outfield is should dictate what type of hits occur (shallow = XBH, deep = singles, etc.).

To go off topic a bit and not to make game comparisons, Rocket League excels with physics. Regardless of how I hit the ball, geometry nearly always plays out perfectly. When I hit the ball in the show, sometimes the ball is below the barrel but I pop it up and vice versa. I know there are a lot of animations at play but still...part of the equation here.

I agree with Bobhead...I still think some tuning is in order. More Bermuda triangle singles, liners down the line, choppers, balls over the OF heads, etc.. I'd like to see it evolve to where I have to adjust my defense according to the hitter, kind of like how I must play different offenses in NBA 2K to score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »