Home

MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2016, 10:38 PM   #97
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Do not understand the obsession with relocating teams, or making new teams. Relocation and expansion is a very, very rare thing in baseball.
Rare or not doesnt mean it doesnt happen for one, and isnt fun for another.
Creating something is much more immersive than taking over something thats in the game and already exists.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:17 PM   #98
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

I don't want to start a game comparison here...

But there is a lot of activity and users that utilize the relocation aspect in NBA 2K16...court design, jerseys, logos...there is certainly an audience for it.

As Ramone said though, when SCEA does something they want to ensure it's perfect and I'm guessing it couldn't be implemented in a way that met their standards.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #99
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

But there is a lot of activity and users that utilize the relocation aspect in NBA 2K16...court design, jerseys, logos...there is certainly an audience for it.

As Ramone said though, when SCEA does something they want to ensure it's perfect and I'm guessing it couldn't be implemented in a way that met their standards.
I'm not big on pushing the relocation or custom ballparks, mainly because I'm happy to continue playing as the Toronto Blue Jays. It'd be cool if I could make edits to the jerseys my team wears, but not essential.

Even still, if the feature were made available I would use it. Not on my own team, but I would bring back the Expos in some form and maybe make a few other minor edits throughout the league. For me, sports video games have always been about the fantasy, the what could be, not what is, and having one more tool in order to create the MLB I've always dreamed of is never a bad thing.

There are other things that I personally would prioritize more, but I understand the want for a feature like this, and would understand in the future if one of my personal priorities was ignored in favour of this feature.

P.S. I also think a team in Vancouver or maybe a Japanese team would be really cool. Also custom schedules, so I could make more inter-league games. The possibilities are endless!
Old 01-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #100
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
1. Those who played All Star Baseball 2005. The expansion mode was just a HELL of a lot of fun. If it wasn't so cumbersome to hook up the XBox or PS2....I'd probably fire it up again.
Just in case you didn't know and you have the console, ASB 2005 is backwards-compatible on the 360. I was playing it just last week.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #101
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

I'm guessing next generation, PS3/360 lasted 10 years and there is no way the PS4/XboxOne last that long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #102
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

well this is ok because it is already on my Wish list for 17 anyway... so i can wait a year for it... as far as plays there are some i have seen that to me at least look like they should have been reviewed at all bases... i have seen a lot of calls well plays that should have been called differently... as in overturned...

i can live with it but will love the year we have complete control over calls at the bases... even to allow the CPU to challenge calls... maybe.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #103
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Sad news to hear as instant replay has become one of the main things people associated with modern baseball in 2015 I feel.

I would have been happy with just some more canned animations/scenarios. I would have liked to see at least a home run replay and a stealing at second/third situation added. It would have been funny to have a plate blocking situation as well, but that seems difficult to pull off. I think at this point I will turn it off as I've seen the call at first animation plenty of times. Hopefully they can find ways to add in more challenge scenarios next year.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #104
Just started!

It would be nice if u could instant replay challenge all bases when close place especially home plate and rest of bases see some i think should be safe it be nice they would do that in future

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »