Home

MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:50 AM   #17
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparks87
Hoping you can still play other DD teams offline. "Extra Innings" games. Didn't see that option in the stream.
Someone asked Nick from SDS that question on twitter and he said "@MLBtheShow_Tips We forgot! You now challenge the CPU with the user's team and tendencies directly thru the DD leaderboard list"

I was worried too but this sounds awesome. Even better than last year. I wonder if you can literally challenge ANY team? that is so hype, I love the feature and how it uses tendencies. Hype 2 the max.

I also saw in the videos on the Play menu there is a Play vs CPU option which I think is something separate. Perhaps you can play versus real MLB teams with your DD team as well?
Old 02-23-2016, 01:11 AM   #18
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I also saw in the videos on the Play menu there is a Play vs CPU option which I think is something separate. Perhaps you can play versus real MLB teams with your DD team as well?
Same as before, yes.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:17 AM   #19
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Someone asked Nick from SDS that question on twitter and he said "@MLBtheShow_Tips We forgot! You now challenge the CPU with the user's team and tendencies directly thru the DD leaderboard list"

I was worried too but this sounds awesome. Even better than last year. I wonder if you can literally challenge ANY team? that is so hype, I love the feature and how it uses tendencies. Hype 2 the max.

Wait, could we not challenge specific teams last year? I thought I did that a few times.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:41 AM   #20
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Wait, could we not challenge specific teams last year? I thought I did that a few times.
I haven't gotten into DD till very late and Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I only see 4 teams I can pick at any time. It seems like he's saying you can play anyone on the leaderboard in extra innings, or at least its my guess/wish. You can't do that currently can you?

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #21
Rookie

LeftyShortstop's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I am pretty sure you can challenge any MLB team in '15. I think it is a great feature because it eliminates the lag from online games (like extra innings).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #22
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
Just not my mode..I hope they put as much time and effort in franchise mode this year as they have the gimmick modes...
gimmick lmao yea ok
Old 02-23-2016, 10:05 AM   #23
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
Just not my mode..I hope they put as much time and effort in franchise mode this year as they have the gimmick modes...
This is like fantasy baseball but playable as a video game.

I love the concept...I didn't play it last year but I think I'll get into it this year now that a lot of loopholes/cheese stuff has been addressed.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #24
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Yeah I saw that tweet too and was a bit puzzled because it sounded just like what Extra Innings is now. It allows you play against any team listed on the Leaderboard - which is basically any team. You can also play against MLB teams now. Perhaps they renamed Extra Innings to one of those other two new modes and added an extra twist or something. We'll see.

Last edited by baseballsim; 02-23-2016 at 11:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »