Home

Last Month of MLB 15: What do you play?

This is a discussion on Last Month of MLB 15: What do you play? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #17
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Last Month of MLB 15: What do you play?

Haven't played for a while now, but now that spring fever in back in full effect, I'm gonna get back into my RTTS career, make sure I'm primed and ready for the game when it drops next month.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

I know I said the other day in another thread that “I would not be buying MLB 16 this year”, that “I would play my 2016 season using MLB 15 instead”. But that wasn’t me who said that. That was the rational evil twin who is concerned about spending hard earned $$$ on a game that I am not sure I will have the time to play the way I wished I could play it if I only lived in a perfect world. I am still on the fence, but if I like what I see in the “Presentation” stream tomorrow, the irrational side may prevail again and I may bite the bullet and buy MLB 16 before Opening Day.

Anyway what I am doing in MLB 15 right now? I am preparing for Spring Training, that’s what I am doing. I have downloaded a modified 2016 OSFM roster iteration (thanks to Sookiebunny for providing many updates) and I have already started a “New Season” mode and am in the process of ensuring all the Spring Training batting lineups and all pitcher rotations for all 30 teams are somewhat accurate (most are). Plus I am also examining each player on the various 40-man rosters to ensure they have some sort of audio name assigned to them for the game commentators and PA announcers. A lot of the rookies on these OSFM rosters with no obvious name matches are not setup for the commentators and PA announcers. A lot them have no audio name. So when they appear in the game they are announced using their jersey numbers. There are many substitute names that are really close to the player’s actual names and those can easily be assigned through the player’s edit screens. But other names aren’t all that close. Now most (not all) of these players won’t make the 25-man Opening Day cuts, so I am really only doing this for Spring Training and doing it for September when the 40-man rosters are all called up to the majors. Then next Wednesday (the first Wednesday in March), I will play my first Spring Training game in the hope that I can play all 29 Spring Training games + all 162 Regular Season games + any playoff games if I am lucky enough to make them all mirroring the real world calendar. Of course these are ambitious goals. In the 4 years I have tried to do this, not once have I ever been able to make it through the “Dog Days of Summer” when real life catches up to me and I fall off the MLB The Show regular season “emulate the real world calendar” wagon. But as weird as this may sound. I always seem to enjoy playing my Spring Training games. There is something about playing in the game’s Minor League + 2 Spring Training stadiums that I seem to enjoy. Heck I am paying for these Minor League Stadiums. I might as well find some way to use and enjoy them. Plus for whatever reason it’s fun to give the minor leaguers some playing time in the games and see who had a good Spring Training and who earned the right to be kept on the 25-man Opening Day roster.

Yeah it’s not what normal people do. But whatever normal is, I assure you I am not it.

Last edited by My993C2; 02-24-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #19
Rookie

Jason27's Arena

OVR: 0

Currently in the 2015-2016 offseason getting rosters as close to what they currently are in real life to start my 2016 franchise when 16 the show is released. I've been using mlbtraderumors.com's arbitration tracker for 2016 tool to ensure I have accurate contracts heading in to 2016.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:57 PM   #20
Rookie

Fewf! I thought I was the only one here to play this game year round!

I'm obsessed with fantasy draft franchises. It gives me an opportunity to play with players and in ballparks I haven't experienced yet. I've played seasons with the:
-Twins
-Cubs
-Athletics
-Phillies
-currently White Sox

(..extremely addicting, I must say!)
Old 02-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #21
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwolf
Fewf! I thought I was the only one here to play this game year round!
Nope, I've been playing year-round as well.

My first off-season mission was to complete all card collections, now that that's done I'll probably just breeze through some RttS, maybe relive a few classic games with throwback rosters and generally get ready for spring again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I know I said the other day in another thread that “I would not be buying MLB 16 this year”, that “I would play my 2016 season using MLB 15 instead”. But that wasn’t me who said that. That was the rational evil twin who is concerned about spending hard earned $$$ on a game that I am not sure I will have the time to play the way I wished I could play it if I only lived in a perfect world. I am still on the fence, but if I like what I see in the “Presentation” stream tomorrow, the irrational side may prevail again and I may bite the bullet and buy MLB 16 before Opening Day.

Anyway what I am doing in MLB 15 right now? I am preparing for Spring Training, that’s what I am doing. I have downloaded a modified 2016 OSFM roster iteration (thanks to Sookiebunny for providing many updates) and I have already started a “New Season” mode and am in the process of ensuring all the Spring Training batting lineups and all pitcher rotations for all 30 teams are somewhat accurate (most are). Plus I am also examining each player on the various 40-man rosters to ensure they have some sort of audio name assigned to them for the game commentators and PA announcers. A lot of the rookies on these OSFM rosters with no obvious name matches are not setup for the commentators and PA announcers. A lot them have no audio name. So when they appear in the game they are announced using their jersey numbers. There are many substitute names that are really close to the player’s actual names and those can easily be assigned through the player’s edit screens. But other names aren’t all that close. Now most (not all) of these players won’t make the 25-man Opening Day cuts, so I am really only doing this for Spring Training and doing it for September when the 40-man rosters are all called up to the majors. Then next Wednesday (the first Wednesday in March), I will play my first Spring Training game in the hope that I can play all 29 Spring Training games + all 162 Regular Season games + any playoff games if I am lucky enough to make them all mirroring the real world calendar. Of course these are ambitious goals. In the 4 years I have tried to do this, not once have I ever been able to make it through the “Dog Days of Summer” when real life catches up to me and I fall off the MLB The Show regular season “emulate the real world calendar” wagon. But as weird as this may sound. I always seem to enjoy playing my Spring Training games. There is something about playing in the game’s Minor League + 2 Spring Training stadiums that I seem to enjoy. Heck I am paying for these Minor League Stadiums. I might as well find some way to use and enjoy them. Plus for whatever reason it’s fun to give the minor leaguers some playing time in the games and see who had a good Spring Training and who earned the right to be kept on the 25-man Opening Day roster.

Yeah it’s not what normal people do. But whatever normal is, I assure you I am not it.
Warning you now the computer is just going to screw up the rosters after spring training.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #23
Rookie

nolberto82's Arena

Continue my franchise until March 29th.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
Warning you now the computer is just going to screw up the rosters after spring training.
I am aware that the starting lineups and pitcher rotations will be screwed up the moment you advance into the regular season. But it does not take too long to restore them. It's the audio player name assignments that can take a time as you search for a reasonably facsimile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »