Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #305
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So what happens when the created/drafted player reaches the MLB level?
That would be very dumb if minor leaguers and drafted players didn't have a morale system. Defeats the purpose of a long franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #306
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
No. Only his permanent position in the lineup affects morale.
Thats great to hear, and thank you. I wonder how bummed Addison Russell will be in the 9 hole for the Cubs, lol. It may become a factor more in later years, but a good problem to have to deal with I guess
Old 03-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #307
MVP

OVR: 8

Is 30M still the most that can be offered to a player? I saw that there were some salaries higher than that but didnt see any offers go higher than that.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #308
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The game is capable of generating a morale profile for every player in a carry-over save, so I'd imagine it'll just create a new one when it needs to for up-and-coming players.
I would think so as well. Seems most likely.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #309
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
That would be very dumb if minor leaguers and drafted players didn't have a morale system. Defeats the purpose of a long franchise.
that is exactly how it is, Luis said this. he said minor leaguers are not affected by morale until they reach the major league level.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #310
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
that is exactly how it is, Luis said this. he said minor leaguers are not affected by morale until they reach the major league level.
To be honest, I can see that creating some potential headaches for the OSFM team, if morale isn't editable. There's no telling what kind of personality you'll get when an edited minor leaguer hits the bigs.

At times like those it's probably best to remember that Franchise is supposed to be your own fictional universe.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #311
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The game is capable of generating a morale profile for every player in a carry-over save, so I'd imagine it'll just create a new one when it needs to for up-and-coming players.
I want a developer answer on this because I am unsure either way of how that works. The carry over saves import new batting stances and equipment and morale to your save only because players have the same name/user ids. If you were to have a 'created' Donaldson or something and tried to import the save he wouldn't get those things I believe. So I am not so sure that OSFM created minors will get morale when they hit the majors for example. For me it's not a huge deal as I play 2-3 seasons max of franchise before starting again but if someone plays 5+ seasons in one franchise it might not be ideal.

Franchise modes in sports games are always designed around short term, the long term franchise is very hard to balance it would seem when generated players are introduced, I don't think it's realistic to want the same quality of franchise 8 years after starting as you get 2-3 years after starting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #312
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
For gaming purposes, why would minor leaguers even need morale though? They're owed nothing. They have to prove and work for their spots. They don't get to be promised anything and their contracts are already somewhat controlled as far as value goes. You don't need to know if another Venezuelan prospect needs a compatriot to be happy. He's fighting for a shot at the big leagues. Why would you want to have to try and cater to that guy? Leave that focus to the big club. Those prospects will get a personality when they show up after they've proven themselves...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »