Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:54 PM   #809
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye21
Sorry that I sound clueless but what does position lock do to make it quick/efficient? Thanks for the advise btw!
Locking positions means that you only play the at-bats of the player you chose, so you're looking at maybe 4-5 at bats in a game. You also have the option to play the situations where your chosen player is involved on defense. (ex: if you choose Josh Donaldson, you'll be tasked with fielding any ground balls or pop ups to third base)
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 03-31-2016, 10:03 PM   #810
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrackPower
This may have been asked already but, is anyone having an issue with the swing feedback display not showing up on the screen. My first two games it worked just fine, but since then (and I checked to make sure it was still turned on) it hasn't appeared. Did I toggle an option that disables the swing feedback, or is this a bug?
I believe it's a bug, try this for a workaround: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=754
Old 03-31-2016, 10:18 PM   #811
Rookie

coreyerb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
I noticed some minor frame rate issues when I played this game at home, but today I brought my PS4 over to my grandmas house and the game is suffering from serious frame rate and input lag issues. Im very late on 75% of my swings because the input lag is so bad. It wasn't like this at my house.
What kind of TV are you playing on? If it has it, turn on game mode, that should help the input lag issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 10:35 PM   #812
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrackPower
This may have been asked already but, is anyone having an issue with the swing feedback display not showing up on the screen. My first two games it worked just fine, but since then (and I checked to make sure it was still turned on) it hasn't appeared. Did I toggle an option that disables the swing feedback, or is this a bug?
Lol. Yea it has by me. Back a couple of pages. Long story short, turn on pitch selection. Save and then turn it back off.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:37 PM   #813
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Can someone explain how Battle Royale works? I thought you were entering into Round Robin Tourneys? Or do you just try and win as many games as you can before 2 losses knocks you out? The more wins the better the rewards?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:28 PM   #814
Rookie

Does anyone notice a huge lag when checking the runners on base (while you are pitching).

In previous editions the left trigger let you look at the runners almost instantaneously, in 16 it there is a long delay when trying to check the runners.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:39 PM   #815
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco18
Does anyone notice a huge lag when checking the runners on base (while you are pitching).

In previous editions the left trigger let you look at the runners almost instantaneously, in 16 it there is a long delay when trying to check the runners.
Yes. It's been mentioned multiple times in this thread and the impressions thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 01:23 AM   #816
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but can you not press "L2" in RttS to catch balls manually anymore? I liked this as I felt it made playing defense more challenging and interactive, if it got taken out that bums me out a little. Also can anyone explain Showtime hitting to me? Do you only have to time your swing correctly (when the bigger reticle shrinks to the same size as the ball) or do you have to move your aim reticle over the ball as well (I'm playing with Zone hitting)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »