Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #1201
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
I really want to buy the game, but the amount of bugs reported here just scares me. I'm playing 15, just trying to get the platinum trophy (only 3 trophies left, the hardest ones lol), but I'm definitely more interested in baseball this year than ever before, 16 is tempting...

So, i would want to know if the game is worth buying right now, or if i should wait until/if the problems are solved.
I hate giving advice, but if you are set on getting the platinum trophy, I would say that you can pursue that and not feel you're missing anything; by that time, and you have the itch to upgrade, the game will be 40 bucks and you're set.

I personally can't see how the game is that much better than last year. Like every year, the game has subtle improvements that you feel more than see (when you're the only game in town and you already have a good game, that's all it takes). The game is fine, but quirks that have peeved me over the years (not game breakers) still exist. I am terribly disappointed with player models and skin tones (not sure if that can be fixed, dark tones that look like exotic pirates), Live rosters are still jacked (Trevor Story of the Rockies is still absent), don't really think the new menu pages are appealing.

Yeah, I didn't list one thing that warrants not upgrading, just enough to prove that the game isn't "mind-blowingly" better. A subtle, comfortable upgrade that we've all experienced before; the upgrade that has become ritual if anything. Just a random opinion from a dude you don't know, take it for what it's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #1202
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

I am pretty much ready to start my Carry-Over Franchise (from 14 and then 15) as I have my sliders just about right. However, I'm not sure what the issues are and whether or not I should wait for a patch.

I know about the morale issue. It may not affect me because my Franchise is currently on the last day of Spring Training. I think it may correct itself when I advance to the regular season. If not, I'd wait for the patch regardless.

I know of some issues with stats. I know the stats that display a zero were not tracked and will not be fixed with the patch. I've seen alot of players whose career stats do not add up (player has played 3 seasons and 100 games each season but total says 589 games or something). I'm not sure if that's going to get fixed. Does anyone know?

Does anyone know what will be fixed and what won't? For that matter, what other issues are there? I don't want to start now only to find out I should have waited as I plan to continue this Franchise for many more years.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #1203
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Anyone know any fix/sliders what will help with hits down the line? All my hits have ended up in only singles. Same with CPU hitting.
Baserunner Speed and Fielder Speed would be the first two to look at. Fielder Reaction and Outfield Throwing Power (or whatever they're called) would be secondary.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:07 PM   #1204
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I am pretty much ready to start my Carry-Over Franchise (from 14 and then 15) as I have my sliders just about right. However, I'm not sure what the issues are and whether or not I should wait for a patch.

I know about the morale issue. It may not affect me because my Franchise is currently on the last day of Spring Training. I think it may correct itself when I advance to the regular season. If not, I'd wait for the patch regardless.

I know of some issues with stats. I know the stats that display a zero were not tracked and will not be fixed with the patch. I've seen alot of players whose career stats do not add up (player has played 3 seasons and 100 games each season but total says 589 games or something). I'm not sure if that's going to get fixed. Does anyone know?

Does anyone know what will be fixed and what won't? For that matter, what other issues are there? I don't want to start now only to find out I should have waited as I plan to continue this Franchise for many more years.

Thanks!
I think I saw someone post that the morale issue was already addressed.
Not sure if it is or not.....though...I haven't had the chance to look.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #1205
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

How is the playoff rotation managed this year?? Is it still like last year where your RTTS pitcher would start Game 1, but then not see the mound until Game 6 at the earliest, while your opponent's starter goes again in Game 4, and both Game 2 starters goes again in Game 5??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #1206
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Forgive me if this has been discussed a lot, but I haven't dipped into franchise mode at all until just now because I was waiting for OSFM.

When going into scouting, all the blue chip prospects who are "pre-scouted" for you have potentials of 75. Is that a)by design, b) a glitch or c)just a bad draft class?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, just realized it's a 75 on the 20/80 scale lol. Not a 75 out of 99.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #1207
Rookie

Thanks for the new rosters.
Game is legit!

I'm having a lot of trouble stealing second. Any advice from anyone? I haven't check if I can change it back to the "classic" way or anything.

I keep leading off L1
Running for second L2
Getting thrown out by a mile

What's new? What am I supposed to be doing?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:15 AM   #1208
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Is there no way to see a players number unless you actually go into edit player mode? Past years it would show in Roster Control etc. This will be a huge inconvenience for roster editing and making sure player numbers are correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »